Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 dodge Stealth Automatic... SOHC which is a POS with the Automatic trans finally went out!...

I bought for 200$ a running 1994 dodge stealth SOHC Manual car..

the transmission was est rebuild cost 900-1400$ which is not gonna happen

Does anyone know anything about these cars i know there more mistu then dodge but i figured it was worth a try...

I would like to rip all the parts needed out of the automatic and make it a Stick.
IF anyone knows anything or can lead me before i stupidly just tear them both down and change it out without thinking please any info is greatful...

*no i dont wanna just use the stick one lol is a POS needs ton of body and interior and pant where the automatic car is Mint... :p

P.S. mods dont lock this or delete you guys are my friends and well its a N/A 3.0 dodge kinda fits the CAT :)

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Dont worry your post is not gonna get deleted.
As far as I know (and I dont know much on these cars) aslong as you pay attention to what is different between the 2 cars you should be able to swap them effectively.

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
Lol dont worry about the mods deleting the thread, Stealths are still considered Turbo Dodges lol.

I've read in a few different threads on here that the mitsubushi trannies are junk, even the 5 speeds never held up well. When chrysler stepped in and tried to make a better one, they succeded a little as it would seem to last longer.

There have been many Stealth drivers, just wait for them to chime in, as Im sure they will :thumb:

·
Administrator
25,553 Posts
Do not know much about these cars and correct me if I am wrong but....
If I remember correctly Stealth production/release was delayed due to not being able to keep a working trans bolted to the engine.
Chrysler eventually bolted the A568 manual trans to the Stealth engine which is the trans used in the T-3/T-4.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Do not know much about these cars and correct me if I am wrong but....
If I remember correctly Stealth production/release was delayed due to not being able to keep a working trans bolted to the engine.
Chrysler eventually bolted the A568 manual trans to the Stealth engine which is the trans used in the T-3/T-4.
The A-568 was never used on the stealth or any other mitsu vehicles because the engine is flipped 180* from the Chrysler vehicles.

·
Registered
947 Posts
i was thinking about getting one theres a few in my area... no sure yet..
I wouldn't get one unless you plan to make 300+ hp. The gears are SOOO long and you need to be making some decent power first. Guys with higher limiters have run 3rd gear to 150 mph :eek:

·
Administrator
25,553 Posts
The A-568 was never used on the stealth or any other mitsu vehicles because the engine is flipped 180* from the Chrysler vehicles.
Only repeating what I was told by the dealer 20 years ago.
Obviously I have been living with wrong info that long.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Only repeating what I was told by the dealer 20 years ago.
Obviously I have been living with wrong info that long.
No harm, no foul :thumb: Plus there's 100x more situations where you have the knowledge and I don't.

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
I know the good trans in the turbo Stealths was made by Getrag.. Did they make a 6 speed version? I thought I read something about that.. Anyways.. I've seen some WEIRD transmissions in Dodge vehicles.. an '01 Stratus R/T that had a T850 hooked to a V6.. T850 is the Getrag trans that they used in the SRT4. They reused the name, and changed it from V6 to 4 cylinder.. I guess that V6 T850 that was only used for a year or two in the Stratus RT bolts right up to the 3.3/3.8L V6's..

·
Registered
947 Posts
I know the good trans in the turbo Stealths was made by Getrag.. Did they make a 6 speed version? I thought I read something about that.. Anyways.. I've seen some WEIRD transmissions in Dodge vehicles.. an '01 Stratus R/T that had a T850 hooked to a V6.. T850 is the Getrag trans that they used in the SRT4. They reused the name, and changed it from V6 to 4 cylinder.. I guess that V6 T850 that was only used for a year or two in the Stratus RT bolts right up to the 3.3/3.8L V6's..
Yep, Getrag made the 6-speed version for them as well. It's actually a weaker transmission, but has a stronger transfer case attached to it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
the stealths auto trans sucks unless u got a dsm shift kit in it like mine and u can get high performance od gear and toque converter itp trans is the place to go and the stealths sohc 3.0 block is the same as the chryster 3.0 but turned back wards most parts are change able i know this cause i just rebuilt my sohc and used some 3.0 dyanstay parts i know alot about stealths i love these cars my 1994 has 175,000 and runs like new and will run and beat cars it should not

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.