Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today, and my PT was "acting" funny. It seemed that she was unable to get a grip and shift into gear.. She was trying, but couldn't. Plus it felt like it was shaking. Does anyone know what this could be. I have an automatic by the way.... Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't wait !make an appt. right away at your dealer. aways good to do this when yourcar is still under a bumper to bumper warrenty. That is what they are there for. Costs you nothing. And you want to be safe!Take car of it before it gets worse.
Before my PT I had three used lemons. So I plan to take advantage of my warrenty when needed.

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
LuvMyCar said:
I was driving home today, and my PT was "acting" funny. It seemed that she was unable to get a grip and shift into gear.. She was trying, but couldn't. Plus it felt like it was shaking. Does anyone know what this could be. I have an automatic by the way.... Thanks!
OH OH!! Was it in second gear all the way home? If so, the tranny is now in LIMP-IN mode, you have a major fault.

You can also try to see what teh CODES are saying. Go HERE and see how to read the codes, if there are any, and what they mean.. read TEST B)

Let us know please...

http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptfaq3e.html

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
PTMom said:
Don't wait !make an appt. right away at your dealer. aways good to do this when yourcar is still under a bumper to bumper warrenty. That is what they are there for. Costs you nothing. And you want to be safe!Take car of it before it gets worse.
Before my PT I had three used lemons. So I plan to take advantage of my warrenty when needed.
PTMom - I love your avatar! He's so cute! :x

Oh sorry....carry on....

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
LuvMyCar said:
I had it in "D" drive, no other gear... and no codes came up. COuld this be realted to the transaxel recall a few months back?
Even though the shifter is in D, the tranny will stay in second IF the limp-in mode is active.

This could be related, tough to tell....

Can you describe more details as to what happened/is happening??

S

·
Registered
2,981 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I've had one of my tranny sensors replaced twice ( and it looks like it might need to be done a 3rd time). When your PT was acting up....did it also have a bouncing gauge on the dash?
Mine did & also went into 'limp mode"...
I always know when this sensor's on the way out because of the bouncing needles & rough shifts!
Good luck, let us know what it might be.

( Ps- PTMom...might this be THE PT MOM who makes THE most gorgous PT shirts??? If so, "Hi".. & I highly recommend everyone check out her T's on eBay. I have SEVERAL & they are deemed 2COOL!!!):D

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Re: Re: Something's not right

PT_Sean said:

OH OH!! Was it in second gear all the way home? If so, the tranny is now in LIMP-IN mode, you have a major fault.

You can also try to see what teh CODES are saying. Go HERE and see how to read the codes, if there are any, and what they mean.. read TEST B)

Let us know please...

http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptfaq3e.html
that happened to me about a year ago. I took it right to the dealer the next am, I didn't make an appointment. I had to have a sensor replaced. I have had no problems with it since then. Good luck, I hope it is just a simple sensor.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If it's still under warrantly just get it to the dealer ASAP. It should be their problem, not yours. Best to be safe.

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Any update???

?:| ?:| ?:| ?:|

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing... dealer couldn't find anything wrong and of course it refused to do anything when they took it for a run. On the plus side it hasn't done it for me either... I got the impression that they thought it was all in my head. I have to go out of town tomorrow and I think I might take it to another dealer to see.... I hate when I get treated like a dumb woman driver... x(

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
LuvMyCar said:
Nothing... dealer couldn't find anything wrong and of course it refused to do anything when they took it for a run. On the plus side it hasn't done it for me either... I got the impression that they thought it was all in my head. I have to go out of town tomorrow and I think I might take it to another dealer to see.... I hate when I get treated like a dumb woman driver... x(
Didn't they run the codes?? Mine was a transmisson sensor. The check engine light was on, is yours?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts