Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car will make great power when cold but when it gets warm it dosnt run as well except sometimes i dont know why it does this also it doesnt show any codes i read in another thread that it could be the charge temp sensor but wouldnt it give me a code what are some other things that could cause this :rocket:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Maybe the IC is heating up? Temp sensor could be with in perameters but reading wrong temp. Knock sensor could be detecting a little rattle and retarding the timing when hot. Just a few things for thought.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Darktone has 2 good thinks to check, the only other thing I can think of is mabey a headgasket is leaking worse when it heats up. Id get it hooked up to a scanner and see what the sensor inputs are, especially on the charge temp sonsor.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok this is weird today at lunch i got on it and had way more power than it has ever had but it started to run really weird at about 5500 in second gear almost like one cylinder stopped fireing so now it runs really really good but has problems. :bash: some times if i just hold it to the floor it will clear up as rpms climb :bang head . it just did this all of a sudden. why would it run really good all of a sudden i want to fix what ever it was so it runs like this all the time. :D

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Mine acted the same way, I ended up pulling the engine for a rebuild. The thrust on the crank was totall whiped out and the crank was walking 1/8 inch. Sometimes it would torque steer all over the place, next time it was a big yawn. Id get a scnner hooked up and start checking sensor inputs before going to the extreme...Also, hows the BOV and wastegate on it?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it has been pulling really hard all day except when it does its thing i am trying to figure out whit it does it. i think maybe it might be plugs but i pulled them out and they looked mine but maybe under high boost it decides to quit thats when it decides to run like crap is under about 17psi of boost. i have a srt-4 intercooler stage-3 cal and 3inch exhaust

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have no idea i was thinking about changeing it to see if that helps i know it is the original one, also could it be my plugs

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i also have high MAP sensor voltage hight batter voltage and and open/short charging system it charges just to much what would cause this

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i drove it today at lunch (still in highschool) it seems to only miss when it sees alot of boost like around 20ish at about 15psi i runs fine. so maybe its just not getting enough fuel on the top end??? what do you guys think, i will be putting new plugs and fuel filter when i get home but what else could it be if its not one of those 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts