Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 001 dodge stratus 2.4l.i have driven it for a little while and noticed the spark plug wires were going bad. when i drove the car at 50mph before i was at 2000 rpm. since i replaced them when i go 50mph it is at 1500 rpm and doesn't hit 200 until 57mph. not only that but the next day i went to work in the morning and the car spins the tires at every stop sign. i know the previous owner was a kid and he installed a better transmission in it so maybe he did a few other things to. :D

· Banned
1,701 Posts
i just bought a 001 dodge stratus 2.4l.i have driven it for a little while and noticed the spark plug wires were going bad. when i drove the car at 50mph before i was at 2000 rpm. since i replaced them when i go 50mph it is at 1500 rpm and doesn't hit 200 until 57mph. not only that but the next day i went to work in the morning and the car spins the tires at every stop sign. i know the previous owner was a kid and he installed a better transmission in it so maybe he did a few other things to. :D
a better transmission? how?

RPM and speed have nothing to do with spark plug wires WTF are you talking about and what's your point/question?

· Registered
289 Posts
a better transmission? how?

RPM and speed have nothing to do with spark plug wires WTF are you talking about and what's your point/question?
Easy, killer... :rolleyes:

A good tune-up will help with throttle response but shouldn't effect shift points or the RPM/Speed thing you are talking about. You should also be noticing a difference in gas mileage, maybe a couple more MPG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.