Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been building up the Shelby Lancer over the winter (when it's not 8 degrees outside) and getting various parts shipped in. I bought an MSD Blaster 3 coil and some spiral core Accel wires to beef up the ignition a little even though I'm aware the stock ignition works fine up to some high numbers. And I'll be keeping those parts around, but anyway...

I'm going to run copper plugs, most likely Champions, and some sort of cap and rotor kit with brass fittings (does it make a difference?). The question is should I go one plug colder because of the coil/wire setup or stick with the stock RN12YC's? The car has a Mopar Performance Stage II computer in it good to 14-15 psi with the stock intercooler and piping.

On a side note: How much power should this car be making with a 3" cat-back exhaust, MP Stage II, K&N drop-in, and the "enhanced" ignition? Ballpark figure?

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
if you plan 'extended' periods of high boost ( = high heat) then using cooler plugs e.g. RN9YC will help reduce the potential for pre-ignition and spark knock

depending on the health of the engine (oil consumption) and your cal, the cooler plugs MAY tend to "load up" in DD / stop&go use

there has been good feedback on the use of NGK's ; check the various threads on spark plug choice

seems the vast majority of TDers (including myself) run Champion RN12YCs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts