Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my odo and speedo havent been working. so i took a tiny allen and put it in the hole in the back of the cluster and spun it til it advanced trip and the odomter. thats means the cluster is good. this is on an 84 with a 525. how do i change the speedocable and where do i get a new one from?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
If you have the cable disconnected from the cluster you should be able to pull the cable out of the housing from that end to inspect the cable. It should pull out pretty easy with needle nose pliers if good. If it doesn't pull out it could be broke and made a good mess in the housing. You can also drive the car or run it with the wheels raised to see if the cable turns. If the cable does come out check it good at both ends. The cable should be square on both ends and can wear the square ends and slip look at both ends good. Have you checked the gear in the trans?

I have no clue where to get one we use to make our own at work. I would guess the dealer. If you do get a new one pull out the cable and put some light grease on it. While out it will also like to pick up dirt if it touches things. try to keep it off the floor or you will be cleaning it before putting it back together.
Tim

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed, did what you suggested, cable was working, just wasnt connecting to the dash right

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
its great when things get fixed free
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts