Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of, 89 Daytona Shelby with digital dash, the speedo goes nuts (like 20 -85 -200 - 129 etc) while driving, does not seem like it's the digital cluster because the 12 button navigator the mpg feature goes nuts along with it and I am assuming that uses speed as a portion to calculate mpg. I guess that would lead me to the speed sensor or wiring/connector but I would like to get some thoughts on this.

Second, when I got the car and in order to drive it home I had to chop the coolant line to the turbo and block off both ends, the shitsu turbo is worn out so it struggles to boost and no real concerns about longevity but I would like to drive this car alittle bit now (legally:D) without putting much/any money into it. Plus I probably would not get the rest of the line off the turbo anyway to replace it, pretty seedy. Thoughts?

Thanks guys! Drove it last night, less than legally and now i'm hooked:p

Edit: This has (as I got it) a transplanted 2.5 TI with intercooler and 555, 2.5 TI calibration.

·
Registered
425 Posts
your speed sensor is probably bad. Easy fix and about $35 for a new one. I paid $5 last week at the JY. You can test them with an Ohm meter. Take it out, put the probes across the sensor electrical connections. It should open and close 8 times within one revolution. I had to test three before I found a good one.

Unlike most others, I never had much to gripe about the Mitsu turbo. I found the quick spool and low end push to be fine for a daily driver. That said, I now have a Garrett and a TII conversion which I also have no complaints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts