Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Does anyone know where a guy can get Spicer ball joints other than on-line. I found them for about $30.00 which is a nice price, but would like to see a price locally. I don't want to wait too long if I can get them close by for a halfway reasonable price. I'm near Mpls., MN.
Thanks

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well..........Spicer is owned by Dana.........I would've thought that any aftermarket supplier would be able to get you those since Dana owns so many different parts marketing names....if you are set on just a Dana item...Do you not like TRW or Moog (Federal Mogul)?

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
Napa HD are the same thing. Not sure about TRW or moog but if they're anythin like the other ball joints I tried they'll start to fall apart in 2 months.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking for Moogs at first. Then after doing a little research here, I heard too many people saying how bad Moogs are and that Spicer is the best. I'm going to order them on line. The price for Napa's were about $43 a piece. Really not a bad price if they are actually Spicers but since a car uses two, I can wait for them. I was installing a pair of struts and I figured I'd kill two stones with one bird........or......ah. Never mind.
But, the job's done so I bought myself a little time. :thumb:
I need to make a tool to press in the ball joints anyway.
Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can rent the tool at autozone then take it back for a full refund
Cool. They're almost walking distance from me.
Thank you!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto
I believe that's where I'm going to be ordering them from. I'm pretty sure they're the people that have both the Moog and Spicer's for $30.XX:thumb:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't get Moog, get Spicers
They've been ordered. I got 2 Spicer ball joints and 2 spicer tie rod ends. I did go through Rock???? whatever their name was .com. They were the lowest I could find. It would have been near $188 locally with tax and all. this place was about $138. Not bad. I just have to wait. Napa was the only place I could find that said there stuff was Dana/Spicer.
I'm going to have to re-align my car myself to keep me mobile the next week or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts