Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I am in the process of getting a Spirit R/T that I purcahsed reciently giong, however after replacing the clutch, I discovered the fuel pump wasn't running... long story short, after pulling the tank and the pump, there is um... a greater then acceptable level of rust-to-water-to-fuel ratio in the tank. :bang head

So, I need a new tank, pump, level sender. What cars can I pull this out of to make my search easier? 91-92 Spirit R/T's I'm sure will work :rolleyes: but What about V6 spirits, or other DiamondStar cars?

·
Registered
670 Posts
As far as the tank, I believe any tank/sending unit from the AA (Spirit/Acclaim) body will work, it's just the fuel pump that is turbo engine specific.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as the tank, I believe any tank/sending unit from the AA (Spirit/Acclaim) body will work, it's just the fuel pump that is turbo engine specific.
folk! okay. so I need a diffrent fuel pump yet. I'll have to dig, I don't mind ordering an upgrade, but I don't want to futz around with modifications of the assembly, unless anyone has any sugguestions, the stuff I saw on fwdperformance.com was pretty much 'modificaion required'

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I got a Walbro 255 ltr/hr pump from FWDP for my Spirit R/T and it didn't require any modification to work in the factory assembly.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Yeah just get the one in their "16v Turbo 3" section, not the one in their 'Fuel System' section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts