Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I was cruising this weekend looking to test my Spirit to kind of gauge where it was performance wise. The first race was against a 05-07 M3. We were on a four lane two-way street at about 2:00 a.m. and we were the only cars in sight. He had a passenger and I did not, M3 was lowered but other than that it looked stock. As I pulled up beside him, I gassed it and let off so he could hear my BOV(hard to get someone to race a stock looking Spirit unless they know you are packing). At first it seemed like he didn't want to race, probably had no respect for my car and wasn't gonna waste the gas:D. Finally (after a little more teasing), we get to a light and he starts revving and jumping - I knew it was on. When the light turned green, he took off slow - as did I. I really didn't want to race from a launch anyway with a RWD car. I was a hair in front as I slowly shifted into 2nd(I need my shifter Jackson). He punches it hard! At this time i'm in second at about 3K rpm's - I punch it, no turbo lag - hold on - hello torque steer. I stretch out about a half a car, he's at my bumper as I shift into 3rd, he pulls up to my Drivers side door. Fat part of my power band in third comes in - I pull 1 car as I shift into 4th(I love 3rd gear in this thing). We're in triple digits now, i'm in front 1 car, a long sweeping turn is coming up, i'm not driving an M3 just a 17 year old spirit needed shocks:D - I let off, he passes. I was laughing my a** off! Next thing you know, he jumps in front of me and slams on the brakes:eek:!!!! I hit the brakes - locking the tires momentarily. He takes back off and as I try to pull along side him, he swerves into my lane:mad: I fall back about 5 cars so that I can get a running start then punch it. I approach his bumper at about 55 and shift lanes to get beside him at the last minute, he swerves to avoid me:D I roll my window down - yell a few improper words - he rolls his down - I see his girlfriend in the passenger seat! This explains it all!! I ask him, "First time you got your a** spanked in front of your girl huh?" She laughs, I do a u-turn - Peace!!!:thumb:

Second race was against a 350Z. Nothing to talk about really, asian kid - looked like the bada** from Tokyo Drift, pulled him(and his buddy in the Altima SE-R) about two cars and did a uwwee.:thumb:

This is all on stock turbo, stock boost, stock block(150K+), stock injectors, stock cal, etc. The M3 really suprised me! I thought for sure he would pull me a little. I have beat a charger SRT-8 as well. Needless to say, my car is running good. I adjusted the fuel pressure a little to get the proper A/F ratio after I was done.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hells yeah. It sounds like that R/T is running STRONG. New M3s are no slouches by any stretch of the imagination.

Have you done some exhaust work to it? Running a manual boost controller? My Spirit was pretty lazy until I uncorked the exhaust with Cindy’s 3” system and added a MBC.

Nice kills. :thumb:

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is awesome, I played with a newer M3 on the freeway one day with my Comp Shadow. The guy flew around me and cut in front of me and I downshifted into third and
stayed on him well over 100, I thought he was going to hurt his neck bobbing up and
down looking in his rear view. I must have had the biggest grin on my face, then
he happen to get off at my exit, again I stayed on him from the light and he finally
slowed and turned off. Made my day. People in high dollar cars do not appreciate Turbo
Dodges. LOL. I am getting ready to ditch the Vnt and switch to a GT30 dual ball bearing,
Should be even more fun.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I have a 3 inch DP w/electic cut-out. It was half open =). Also have ported exhaust manifold, TI retainers, MBC set to stock(spikes to 14 and settles to 11),FMIC, K+N cone filter, race lifters, turbo XS BOV.

I used to have respect for the M3, not anymore. At least not stock ones.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Haha.. What a douche bag looser that M3 was though. I beat a 94-97 ish TransAm and the guy did almost the same thing to me. And yes... he had his girl with him and I was passenger-less. They just cant stand loosing to a car I paid less than 2k for and he probably paid near 20k! LOVE IT!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Great story..

Your interaction with the dude in the M3 is why i stopped playing around on the street-no sportsmanship anymore. I only play with people i know now.. just having a little fun. But you really pissed him off. Nothing worse than that for the dude in the M3. Especially with his lady, but he was a complete ass to slam on his brakes and swerve like that. Just take it like a man and go home and order up some parts from Dinan so it doesn't happen again! geez :rolleyes: so simple!:D

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
I got spanked by a 350 z in my lebaron... Can't wait to get my Laser going, with a t2 in it for some real rich kid A$$ pounding

·
Registered
631 Posts
I got spanked by a 350 z in my lebaron...
I played around with a built to the balls turbo 350Z. (could hear massave BOV) I knew I wasn't going to win:D. When he pulled up side of me it sounded sooooo mean! I can't even say I gave him a good run:rolleyes: I felt like I was in a HundaRice and he was in my TD. :TD2: But it was still fun that he wanted to race a bit.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
It was an actual 350 z. YOu have to understand that I am surrounded by mercedes, bmw's etc. THere is a brand new corvette down the street from me and a couple coldisacs over there is a ferrari. There are probably 20-30 brand new mustang gt's sitting in my schools parking lot

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
It was an actual 350 z. YOu have to understand that I am surrounded by mercedes, bmw's etc. THere is a brand new corvette down the street from me and a couple coldisacs over there is a ferrari. There are probably 20-30 brand new mustang gt's sitting in my schools parking lot
oh, I was just wondering where the turbo 350z came from that woodrow raced. I know we have a white turbo G35 that makes 550rwhp on 16 pounds of boost and pump gas.

I would not race a turbo 350z

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Nice kills! :thumb: Last race my RT had before it went down to have the holset and new clutch put on was a 04' GTO my buddy had just bought. We went out and took some pics of my RT, his GTO, and my other buddys WRX. And on the way home, as soon as the road widened to 2 lanes. I slowed and pointed for him to pull up next to me. He does. We slow. I have no idea what gear he left in, but I was in 2nd. We go, and I jump him like he wasnt trying. Granted, I did kinda jump the start, but I LEFT him. So I slow down again and tell him Ok, I am going to get 1/2 a car behind you. I will go when I hear you punch it. I fall back so that my front bumper is next to his rear tire. I hear him punch it as the tires squeal a little. Definitely a better start for him, but mine was better to because we left a little closer to 40. I was reeling him in so bad. I couldnt believe it. By the time i shifted to 3rd I was passing him. I stayed in it until I went to 4th and let out. He was a LONG way back.:eek:mg: He pulls up next to me with this smile on his face and starts flipping me off. In a friendly way of course. lol The next day at work was awesome. All the office girls were coming up and asking me if I had seen Justins new car. I said, yeah its bad ass. But, will you do me a favor and ask him how my tail lights looked? They just stood there in disbelief. Shortly after that, he walks in. They immedatly run over to ask him if its true. Suddenly, he if flipping me off again. Needless to say, I made sure to give his car the credit it deserved. But made sure everyone knew I smoked it in my 17 year old 4 banger. :cool::nodding:
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Bansheenut! Respect is given to the R/T's as soon as someone rides in one or gets their butts handed by one. A buddy of mine owns a VW shop and has a couple of fast cars, I took him for a ride in my R/T and did a few blast. Actually, he was with me when I beat the SRT-8. I could not get the grin off his face, he said " the lease on my R32 is up soon and i'm gonna get one of these" I spanked a new GTO too!

I just raced a turbo IS-300 from a roll, we were doing a BOV duet on the highway just playing around for awhile. He got behind me and just chilled, as we approached the toll both - he hops into the second speedpass lane. We both punch it as we get pass the toll, I was in 1st(i think he was too) and lost traction as did he. I pulled a half a car going into second he made it up quikly and pulled a half car on me going into 3rd. I made it back up before we shifted to 4th and we were dead even - we both stopped at that point. He got into the shoulder and waved me over, I complied. He wanted to know what the hell I was driving( I took all my badges off) and what was in it! =) Cool guy, we exchanged numbers.

·
Registered
631 Posts
oh, I was just wondering where the turbo 350z came from that woodrow raced. I know we have a white turbo G35 that makes 550rwhp on 16 pounds of boost and pump gas.

I would not race a turbo 350z
Haha.. I hear ya. I wouldn't race one either. but I kinda tried and got my ass handed to me big time. Like I said, I knew I didn't have a chance. I'd like to see that G35 though. I like those front and rear end's much better than the Z's

·
Banned
3 Posts
my 2 favorite kills in the r/t are these
first is a 06'ish cobra stick, i pull up to the light, rev and blow off, he looks over and revs it up, the light turns green and we both go neck and neck till 40mph and then i pull a good bus length on him before i hit 65mph and let off.
the second is my buddies 94 z34 lumina that he thinks is fast with a shift kit and cold air intake, so after work i tell him i'll race him, i pull around the corner onto the main rode at 5mph, expecting him to pull up and then take off. he just floors it and takes off and gets a good bus length before i give it gas, he keeps gaining untill i hit 3rd at 6500rpms and then blow past him as i am shifting into 4th and blow off in his face, put a bus length on him and shut it down. he was like holy crap i cant believe you caught up and past me!

·
Registered
145 Posts
love to hear about td's spanking the germans.

but check the horsepower freaks kit for the straight six n/a bmw.

youtube has vids. that car under boost is an insane monster.

stock m3 was about 240hp but they arent geared very well. the new v8 goes pretty well. but it should for what u pay.

i work for infiniti and we have a bmw dealership (same owner right next door)

fun car is the new 1 series with the 300hp tt six.

i embarassed the hell out of a new 335i owner the other day in my compg gtp. the look on his face was stellar.

yeah im heavily modded, cam, headers, cut out, zzp ecu, rockers, 3" pipe etc. but he wasnt expecting a 4 door pontiac to leave him sitting, i put 3 cars on him before the next light. :D

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
i embarassed the hell out of a new 335i owner the other day in my compg gtp. the look on his face was stellar.

yeah im heavily modded, cam, headers, cut out, zzp ecu, rockers, 3" pipe etc. but he wasnt expecting a 4 door pontiac to leave him sitting, i put 3 cars on him before the next light. :D
I embarrassed the hell out of one of them in my whoopty shelby. lol I think he had the same reaction and didnt think this 80s looking car with the clear coat peeling was going to hand him his ass. It wasnt a brand new one, but still a bimmer. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts