Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking back to my last trip to pepboys and i remember seing a set of 2 spring boosters from energy suspensions for sale.
if i put these on my rear end and raise it a litttle will that help alittle with ass drop?

·
Registered
241 Posts
get some coil spring spacers for any jeep with coil springs like a cherokee xj,zj, or wrangler tj. they will fit perfectly in your rear spirit springs. theyre on ebay for like 20 bucks and take about 30 minutes to install. i did this on my r/t.
Jerry

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Adding the spacers inbetween the coils is not safe.
Adding air shocks to hold up the whole back of the car means you are holding up the whole car by two bolts, think about it. Air shocks are just pneumatic rams, not really shocks.
Adding the spacer type that go under the spring is fine. Like in this photo.

Johnny

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is like those. they are like 20 at pep boys they are a 1/5 thick or an ich thick depending on which i get. i drap alot so i need to eliminate ass drop but i know it will lift my front alittle so are there any cars that wuould be in a junk yard that would be good for getting a stiffer stut assembaly or the rear springs?? i thought the r/t had stiffe suspension?

will the boosters stiffen it at all or just raise it?

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
those are a JOKE. if you car is low in the back, put in some new springs or take out the stupid box, amp and all the yo-diggity shiznit.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
22dodge said:
those are a JOKE. if you car is low in the back, put in some new springs or take out the stupid box, amp and all the yo-diggity shiznit.
Ha ha. That's the funniest thing ever.

He's right though. It accomplishes nothing to fix the symptom of a problem.
Symptom: Car sits low.
Cause: Bad springs or too much weight.

Do yourself a favor and fix the cause of the problem...not just the indication that you have one.

Werd yo!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
yeah, but these cars sit terrible with anything in the back seat! i have new springs on the back end of my car and it sits lower than the front. same thing with my 89 spirit es w/ stock springs! i am putting rally springs on the back of my k wagon and i may end up lowering the front an inch to get it just right with cargo/trailer on the back! i will never lower the back end of a car!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it dont sit low in the back you guys must have missed the entire thread and just started talking. i have nothing in my trun cept the battery nothing in the back seat or anywhere else for that matter. i am trying to stiffen up the rear and maybe raise it a little so it will stop droping the ass so much. please read the tread before you think you know what you are talking about

1 - 12 of 12 Posts