Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1986 Daytona 2.2, automatic no fault codes, (save 55 ) plenty of gas. Replaced PM, Hall Effect, LM, and Fuel pressure regulator (about a year and a half old) was running fine for weeks then last night was cold and I didn't let it warm up as usual then 1/4 of a mile later it started sputtering and then died. It starts then sputters for about 15 seconds then dies. Fuel filter as around 5 years old.
Any help greatly greatful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I can borrow a fuel pressure regulator guage what side or hose do I connect it to of the fuel pressure regulator and do you know what it should it read?
Thanks
My 87 LeBaron did that, it was the fuel pump. I would start with checking for fuel pressure.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are a couple ways to check it.

The right way: attach a fuel pressure gauge to the schrader valve on the fuel rail. It should read 55 psi with the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator disconnected.

The no fuel pressure gauge way: turn on the key for a couple seconds then turn off. pull the fuel line off of the fuel rail. CAUTION!! gas will spray out under pressure (if your fuel pump is working) Make sure you pull the line off of the fuel rail not the one from the fuel pressure regulator. The one on the pressure regulator is a return line and there would not be any pressure in the return line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts