Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused about the square tooth vs. round tooth thing. I just picked up an 88 TBI roller cam for my 85 Turbo Daytona. My daytona looks to have a square tooth pattern on the cam. The 88 cam appears to have the same square tooth design. I thought that I would see a problem with this mod. Is it only newer than 88 cars that have the round tooth design? Also, If both are square tooth, do I still need to adjust the timing 4 degrees to get rid of the 4 degree retarded situation? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
658 Posts
While you have the cam out of a head, can you tell me where the part number is
on the cam. I am trying to identify the ones that are in 2 heads that I have and
I can not find the p/n with them in the head. Was just wondering if it was on the end
or somewhere, where I could not see it in the head. Thanks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to remember to look at that tonight.

I am still looking for some more info on this whole square tooth vs round tooth. Does anyone know what year Dodge went to using the round tooth design? How many people agree with the "puppet" in the above thread that the 4 degree retard is a myth?

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
89 and up have round tooth.

There is no part number on the cam.

Retarding can be cause by cam, resurfaced, thicker/thinner headgasket, etc... You WILL have to measure the cam on your engine and find out how much retard/advance you have, nobody is going to be able to answer your question because nobody knows the history on your engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts