Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
guys are adding the OBX to the 41 trans with the same spacer used on a 413. So I suspect a pelquin can fit.

The 03 up trans is pretty strong, you need the diablo tuner to turn up the trans electronically.

My stone stock 05 with auto on the 17s ran 14.9 this year.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
How are they running the same spacer as the 413? The ring gear is physically thicker than the 413's, part of the reason the 604 is physically stronger than the 413.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
How are they running the same spacer as the 413? The ring gear is physically thicker than the 413's, part of the reason the 604 is physically stronger than the 413.
the diff itself is the same thing apparently. There using the OBX 5 speed neon diff with the 413 spacer. Gearing though, ring and pinion doesn't directly effect whether or not the diff is the same. I looked into this when a PT GT guy sold the spacer and diff here, found other people over the net doing the mod. Still though with horrid tires and stock suspension my PT still hit a 2.2 60ft. But I would like to run my slicks and spin both in the water box.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I understand the diff itself is the same, but the ring gear is physically thicker, unless it is back-cut under the gear teeth to get the spacing the same. I've never had one that far apart honestly, so I can't say for sure. This IS something I'm interested in, however!

·
Registered
1 Posts
you seem to know a lot about these swaps and im tying to do one in my 2000 neon. do you think you can email me for some help and advice. i will not find this page again and would love for you to help me [email protected] thankyou

21 - 25 of 25 Posts