Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i live in jacksonville and am having issues with my 04 srt4. the other morning i drove to class in a light rain, car was running like a charm, no problems. i get out of class for lunch break and she wont start, i noticed some water dripping out constantly behind the right front driver side wheel. went back to class until i got out at 5, got in the car and she started up and ran just fine back to the house. now she wont start at all, cranks but no start. i replaced the battery and got an oil change the previous week before. pulling 3 codes as of now. P0108, P0522 & P0685:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

·
Administrator
24,972 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

Clear the codes, crank the engine for 10 seconds, what codes returned?

P0108 - MAP Voltage High
P0522 - Oil Pressure Sensor Voltage Low
P0685 - ASD Relay Control Circuit Open or Shorted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no mods completly stock, whoever did all the wiring before i bought this vehicle rigged it all up. just replaced spark plugs, battery, and oil change not to long ago.

·
Administrator
24,972 Posts
anyone have a clue???
welcome to td!!!

Clear the codes, crank the engine for 10 seconds, what codes returned?

P0108 - map voltage high
p0522 - oil pressure sensor voltage low
p0685 - asd relay control circuit open or shorted
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
the one that will cause a no start it the asd relay. Check the relay by switching the horn relay and the asd relay in the fuse box under the hood. See if it starts....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
already tried switching up the fuses. the only code that came back was the p0522. thinknig i might have a fried or clogged up cat! smell alot of gas that isnt getting burned off & my o2 sensor was rusted and deformed due to high heat and melting. anyone heard of this before?

·
Administrator
24,972 Posts
If you are running extremely rich the Cat will overheat and meltdown but that is a result of your problem not the cause.
If you are smelling that much fuel you will also have fuel fouled plugs and fuel diluted oil both of which need to be corrected or the car will never start and you will damage the engine from the fuel washing down the cylinder walls.
So at this point you may already have issues created by your rich condition that need to be corrected along with finding out why.
Restricted Exhaust, Damaged O2, Fouled Plugs, Fuel Diluted Oil/Filter all will keep the car from running so you are adding problems on top of the original problem.

Running that rich most likely is going to be caused by a fuel pressure/injector issue or Map issue.
Have you verified all basics are correct?
Fuel, Air, Spark, Compression...
All in the right amounts at the right time.

Unfortunately the more you keep cranking the engine the more damage you are going to do.
You need a logical diagnostic sequence, the proper equipment and need to start looking for the cause, guessing will not get to the root of the problem and nobody will be able to help without more info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright well then im goin to change the oil and start checking off all the basics. i just changed the spark plugs not to long ago and the old ones looked horrible. so that could have been my main issue

·
Administrator
24,972 Posts
If your old plugs were fuel fouled you will want to disable the fuel system when performing diagnostics so you do not foul the plugs/oil again until the problem is found.
Naturally if you need to check fuel pressure you will need to have the fuel system working but you can disconnect the injector harness while checking fuel pressure so no fuel will enter the engine.
(Be aware that when you disable the fuel system or injectors a fault code may set so do not think you have new issues)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts