Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I came across some rumblings that the SRT4 Dart would be AWD, hence Giles' "no more FWD" comment. Ideally, you'd need 300hp and AWD and a perfect suspension setup to beat the current class leaders (WRX and Gti). The Evo is done, so I guess that's one less contender at least. But, the Dart just seems so much heavier than the rest. Why are all of Chrysler's current vehicles so obscenely overweight?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sounds like the same story unless there is some ''fresh'' news around...

AWD is a nice add-on but not mandatory. It brings the price up too.

In all fairness, the Focus ST ia a hard car to beat even if it is a FWD. So if they can beat that for a better price, they might get somewhere.

Sounds like a SRT4 is not a top priority anyway.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The Pentastar V-6 block with a few mods is going to be the bottom end of the next Maserati (Machined by Chrysler and assembled by Ferrari). And, it will have 2 turbos. Maybe one day we will be able to buy the block from MOPAR and build up a twin turbo V-6 that will fit in some of the later model smaller vehicles. I still hear nothing about a SRT4 Dart though. If you want some power "today", save your pennies and get a 700+ HP Hellcat Challenger.

PS- You do know that the 3.6L V-6 in the 200 is the same motor that goes in the huge RAM truck, right? It should move that 200 down the road nicely.

·
Registered
630 Posts
For all the Fiat haters out there, don't forget that Fiat invented the multiair technology. Multiair is a special head that can infinitely control the valve timing on both the exhaust and the intake valves. The engineers can fine tune the engine to do some amazing things for power and economy (10% increase). Now Chrysler has that technology thanks to the merger. I was riding in a Fiat the other day while visiting England. It had a tiny 1.0 L engine with bi-turbos and multiair. Pretty nice combo. It had plenty of power and got about 50 mpg. Sounded a bit like a diesel at low rpm. I'm not a big Fiat fan, but I love the multiair head.

·
Registered
543 Posts
For all the Fiat haters out there, don't forget that Fiat invented the multiair technology. Multiair is a special head that can infinitely control the valve timing on both the exhaust and the intake valves. The engineers can fine tune the engine to do some amazing things for power and economy (10% increase). Now Chrysler has that technology thanks to the merger. I was riding in a Fiat the other day while visiting England. It had a tiny 1.0 L engine with bi-turbos and multiair. Pretty nice combo. It had plenty of power and got about 50 mpg. Sounded a bit like a diesel at low rpm. I'm not a big Fiat fan, but I love the multiair head.
12.5 BILLION$$$$$ for multi air. Great deal:bash: Lots of twin cams with VVT. Should have gave Chrysler to Honda. No I don't own a Honda car, but it is not because of quality.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yup, keep hearing a AWD turbo Dart is in the pipeline but no further details...

It should be fun around 2016-2017...

Focus RS, Civic Type-R, Golf -R, Mazda 3 Speed?
I am not in the market right now but I am (very) tempted at what is coming but just can't stand the fact that Dodge isn't giving any info for the upcoming awd Dart.
They are killing me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You and me, Francois! Dart isn't selling quite like they had hoped, so while I'm anxious to see a DSRT4, I'm really not sure if it will happen. Hope I'm wrong!
I have 130,000 miles on my CSRT now, so I may not have any choice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Guess it is not gonna happen.

Read that they should pull the Dart and the 200 out. They might wanna work with another brand to have a joint product.

Too bad.

All I can say is when the next gen. engine comes out, it is going to be sweet. We will be back on top again.
Probably not in a Dart and beside Jeep-Ram and rwd cars, there is no chassis that could received what you were expecting.

So now that it won't come, could you share what we would have seen?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts