• i would NOT use the forum

Votes: 7 13.2%

SRT4 forum?

14K views 58 replies 23 participants last post by  The Pope 
G
#1 ·
discuss,would it be used,or no

#7 ·
Re: SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge...

i dunno. not enough SRT people on here
Maybe cause we have no place here?

Where do I spend all my time? Where did I use to spend more time at?

I don't mess with the old TDs anymore. My knowledge is rusty so I can not be much help there anymore.

So, I hang out in all areas below 'General'... Just saying.

#20 ·
I think I've expressed some of my views of that forum in our staff area. Those may have looked like jokes, but I was serious. That place is a just shit.

Sure, tons of info... But, get ready for all the D-bags to post before someone with some damn sense. Im going on 3 years there, almost all my post are in the Regional area for Oklahoma.

And I'll do the moderation of the area to make sure it doesn't get like that.

#21 ·
The 2.4 section covers the 2.4 turbo engines except for the new CSRT that is very rare. The issue also is that the engine and car are completely new and different. So having a SRT 4 section for both doesn't make sense. The PT turbo and the NSRT are very much alike, where as there isn't much between the NSRT and CSRT.

One big problem with NSRT 4 owners is that they "think" there not part of the rest of the TD world. They think there import and not even on the platform of the PT. Viper people act the same too, they think there not even driving a Mopar. The CSRT is another story, this car is very different and shares a lot with the new EVO X. Both running Chryslers "world engine".

In all lobbys the cars are broke down by years really. We have a lot of cars spread out. Were starting to group cars over a 30 year gap now like regular Mopar forums. Maybe there should be a car structure and a engine structure for the cars. K cars, 90's cloud cars, then 2000 range new cars, lastly the new cars. Were talking to more people than before with newer than K cars. Which is more complicated than the beginning, pretty much all K cars. The PT forum was added, but TD already had a 2.4 section. So questions are back and forth as it is confusing where they should be. It also adds to it having a section for PTs and not for any other car lol.

Instead of adding different sections one at a time. Maybe it is time for a restructure and be done with it. Keep the general section above. Then have different sections for the different engines, to keep everyone happy which is hard. Then have body sections like other forums, K cars, cloud cars, neons, PTs and the new cars. Neons and PTs should both be named on there own because there are a lot of both types. TD started out a turbo K car sight, but it is a huge FWD Mopar site now. Maybe the time has come to structure it that way?

#23 ·
Rob, there are several knowledgeable people there, but they still act like douche bags. That is why I want this, get guys who aren't SRTforum material, but love these chassis and we have a winner.

The NSRT and CSRT would ideally have there own area. Let the 2.4L Turbo section get used as it pretty much has been sense Ive been here 'swapping 2.4T into Shadow'

I don't know 1 SRT4 owner who "thinks" his NSRT is a import, I hear more 'it's not a Neon' but that is just silly talk(even with all the difference there is between the two). Im trying to think of when/if I've read that someone thought that on the hell we know as SRTforums...

#24 ·
Maybe there should be a SRT 4 section based off how people view the cars, as not a Neon or a Caliber. I still think the site should consider some restructure just off how big has got.

I'm sure that if there is a good SRT 4 section built. "they will come". Who is going to watch this section? I already watch the 2.4 and the PT section so I suspect that I would be in the SRT 4 section as well. To make a SRT 4 section really work will need a "few" Mods though lol. The key to making it popular and work would be to weed out clowns, to keep the SRT 4 section quiet like the rest of TD. :cool:

#25 ·
I voted against because like what was stated earlier, the 2.4 already has a place in this forum. Next we should have a Daytona section????
The srtforums is so known and popular that our cultures just dont mix. Again the pope has a good point in saying that many people who own srt's are getting out of imports with out getting out of imports. Best example I know of is an asian buddy of mine just got rid of a v6 vtec stick accord and bought an srt and has all these grand plans of street racing it, making it fast, etc. HE is in NO way a mopar enthusiast, doesnt care about the heritage, just wants a car thats fast out the factory, has good aftermarket, and can be made fast cheap (like most import ideas are *CHEAP SPEED*).
He is a clown I would never want on the forum because he is an idiot. Plain and simple he doesn't care about other people, is an outspoken jackass and would ruin the good atmosphere we today are still combating to keep up. And no offense to NSRT owners, there are THOUSANDS of other morons just like my asian buddy and thats the last thing we need to see on the forum.
Clayton, if you can't find a place on the forum here I apologize, but this isn't the answer we are looking for.
NOW I am not saying all NSRT owners are like my buddy. But thats the over all culture that has been examplified so far by many owners of NSRT's and I dont think adding their own place here just for SRT's is going to be a positive for the site. Maybe more subscribers, couple bucks in the pocket of the owner of the site, but it doesn't have much more to offer then our current 2.4 tech and I think would be an overall negative for the site itself and the image we try to promote on a daily basis

#26 ·
Well we all have fear of these ricer type people coming in. Clayton voiced that about the other sites too. But the SRT owners have aged a little bit though, it has been a few years.

I also don't think there all going to show up here. We have all the different FWD Mopars here not just one type. Many of these kids want an all SRT 4 forum. We all know here that the 2.4 turbo is rooted with the K cars. Why? With a gen 1 Neon adapter and a little front mount work a SRT 4 engine bolts right in an old car. Then the head bolts right on and people hybrid the SRT 4 top end with a 2.2 bottom end. Even much of the steering and front suspension and brakes isn't far off.

Mopars normally are very segregated. Muscle car guys don't mix with SDs, Neon people don't Mix with SDs. Cummins people don't mix with muscle cars, etc. With the FWD people you find people that buy them and trash them as new cars and move on. Then over time the people that love them hang on to them and learn about them. Now that the NSRT is getting older it would be nice to have that type of SRT owner here though. There are a lot of NSRT people that'll be around for the duration like SD people. It shouldn't be too much different than other sections of TD. TD has a lot of NA only guys, then 3.0 only people, then a lot of T3 only people. These people are so different it is like having different religions in one Church and people still get along lol. So it will happen for the SRT people some day, are people ready though?

#29 ·
in the beginning the 2.4 section was a SRT section, and ran by a clown, Steve. Why a clown? Because anyone that could drive well enough to run 13s with a stock SRT 4 was a liar. Anyone that knows what there doing and could drive ran 12s and they were liars, with proof of time slip and dyno charts. Why? because that clown can't run 13s WITH MODS. Thankfully TM was created. But in the beginning the 2.4 section was a SRT section here, but run by a clown it ran off SRT people pretty fast. Just read my 12 seconds with an SRT 4 thread lol. It is super easy to run some nice numbers with both autocross and drag racing with mild mild mods with the SRT 4. So I would like to see a lot of SRT 4 people around here. I have also looked at trading my beloved PT for a CSRT lately, local dealer has a black one lol. Any as SRT 4 people don't like the CSRT, to me I love the PT more than the Neon body and the new SRT 4 is more of a SRT PT. I also need something I can't mod much. I've already found WAY TOO MUCH I can do to my PT lol.

Both NSRTs I've worked on made 12.7 @ 110+ and both got a few FTDs in autocross here. Yes mild compared to a lot of big numbers today, but great compared to how fast per $ I think.

#33 ·
should be an all 2.4 section. Where general when you open it with SRT, PT and custom install sub sections. To start. The PT section has always been slow and the SRT section isn't going to be big at least at first. The custom installs are growing but not huge yet either. If any one sub section gets a lot of use it can get its own "room" later.

I like the sub section idea so it'll keep them all in one area. The PT section only really gets use in a couple sections, and it is basically a general section. So they have a lot more room than they need. So basically turn the PT section into the 2.4 section. Then have lower subs for the PT body, NSRT, CSRT and custom installs. The main section would be for everything like it is now. So your still getting people with a Stratus and gen 1 Neons and so on.

That may be the logical direction. As we have a big slow PT lobby and no SRT lobby right now.:shrug: What do you guys think of that?

#32 ·
I've always found this site's biggest advantage to be the generous nature of those willing to contribute knowledge and technical information. You just don't get that on the SRT sites I've visited. It's one of the reasons I haven't modified mine.

#34 ·
Many older cars out there like SDs are out for fun really. A lot of SRT people compete as you see with newer cars. Many don't give out secrets they want to make a buck on or to give there competition help. There are some that keep quiet, but not many.

#35 ·
I never thought about it that way. Probably because I've always been in it for fun more than anything else, even with the SRT. I am many things, but the "bad ass racin' for cash" is not one them! :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.