Votes: 45 86.5%
  • i would NOT use the forum

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I voted yes because even though I haven't been a member for that long the people here are very generous with the information giving. If the srt guys need a place lets give it to them. The more I read and ask questions the more I learn. This generosity with the information will bring in new people like me and hopefully new people with new information.
I voted yes....Im the Mid-Atlantic mod on srtforums.com anyways....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge...

It'd be nice to know why people vote NO... Just saying.
Reading comprehension owned me. :bang head I thought it was asking a question about the SRTForums site.... too many arrogant douchebags up there for my tastes.

I'd chillax here if the opportunity arose... :thumb:

My knowledge of turbo cars is pretty limited, but I've had great success so far with modding my SRT-4 Neon... I'll share whatever knowledge I gots!

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Re: SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge...

Reading comprehension owned me. :bang head I thought it was asking a question about the SRTForums site.... too many arrogant douchebags up there for my tastes.

I'd chillax here if the opportunity arose... :thumb:

My knowledge of turbo cars is pretty limited, but I've had great success so far with modding my SRT-4 Neon... I'll share whatever knowledge I gots!
They find there way over here once in a while but get bored and leave normally.

One issue is many that have them lurk and don't say anything. I would like to know how many SRT 4 people TD actually has active. That may decide it. The other sections that have been added like the 3.3 section is that there are a lot of NA guys on the list.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think a TD is a TD, no matter what the platform or block. I don't think I would ever use it personally, BUT, of all the Turbo Dodge sites out there, this is the one I consistently return to for some of the easiest to understand answers to tough questions.

If somebody is willing to moderate and keep the spirit of the TurboDodge.com forum in an SRT4 specific area, I say why not?

I have also noticed that the guys with the wild claims don't hang out here for long. We have too many old school turbo experts here that can smell that stuff a mile away. And from what I have seen, you guys will give them both barrels!

Law

P.S. I make no claims of my car's ability, cause I know I'd only be talking through my hat!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an SRT4, but I am also interested on other MOPAR's, including turbo Dodges. I had to sign up again, I guess because my e-mail addy changed or something. No worries. I'm here to read about any MOPAR's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive had a glh clone (sold) a real glh and now a nsrt4, I cannot stand srtforums because of the ricer kids and their constant bashing. You could set up a SRT4 only area for help and knowledge with non engine stuff and keep the 2.4 section for NA and Turbo info. My neon is stock by choice, I have no need to mod it yet, as things break I upgrade them. I dont post much on any forum Im a member at except for one and thats more of a water cooler type place. But I do read and learn and refer back to the stuff Ive read and learned. I didnt vote either way yet

·
Registered
60 Posts
How about giving the SRT4 section here a try for say 6 months? If it gets too uncomfortable for those policing it you can get rid of it.

I don't own one yet, but I'm here to learn and hopefully someday I can help others out when they ask questions. I'm far from a young punk who doesn't care about Mopar heritage. There is much in the way of awesome tech info here on the older TD's, but imo the SRT4 is lacking in tech info, not only here but the other site(s) that supposedly cover it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
we have no problem with adding it as long as it gets used

·
Registered
4 Posts
How about giving the SRT4 section here a try for say 6 months? If it gets too uncomfortable for those policing it you can get rid of it.

I don't own one yet, but I'm here to learn and hopefully someday I can help others out when they ask questions. I'm far from a young punk who doesn't care about Mopar heritage. There is much in the way of awesome tech info here on the older TD's, but imo the SRT4 is lacking in tech info, not only here but the other site(s) that supposedly cover it.
LMAO cuz plasti dip paint jobs make it fast y0 and those HIDs make it even faster brah!

I know over exaggeration but it seems like all I see is "ricer" stuff or buy this kit and and do FMIC I miss my zener diode tuning lmao

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
We need a srt knowledge base for when every TIII car has been striped we can move on to the SRT'S!

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a srt4 owner , I can see some advantages & disadvantages . as a very active user on the national srt4 forums , aka "the kiddie pool" , i have seen that too many sections/subsections that overlap can be tedious & redundant . this is my second post , im very green , but if your forum is organized by motor type , then i dont see the need . However , if you want to keep a 2.4 section that is dedicated to swaps , which may be useful , then a seperate nsrt section might be in order . this way the established forum members wont have to wade through a bunch of srt nonsense (how much downforce does the wing provide ?) when looking for the info they are interested in .

I do think that the TD community needs to integrate the SRT4 into its ranks , and we srt4 owners should respect our roots . We can learn from each other , we can both benefit from new blood .
Yes there are many idiot srt4 owners out there . So what ? there is no platform out there that is immune to this behavior . I know a lot of idiots that like steak , does that mean i shouldnt eat steak ?

At worst , if it doesnt pan out , close it and move on .

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen any 2.4 swapped Spirit R/Ts yet!
How many times have you seen a Spirit modded with a 8v or 3.0? Almost never. Spirits get less attention than mini vans so I don't think you'll see one for a while unless you build it.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
As a srt4 owner , I can see some advantages & disadvantages . as a very active user on the national srt4 forums , aka "the kiddie pool" , i have seen that too many sections/subsections that overlap can be tedious & redundant . this is my second post , im very green , but if your forum is organized by motor type , then i dont see the need . However , if you want to keep a 2.4 section that is dedicated to swaps , which may be useful , then a seperate nsrt section might be in order . this way the established forum members wont have to wade through a bunch of srt nonsense (how much downforce does the wing provide ?) when looking for the info they are interested in .

I do think that the TD community needs to integrate the SRT4 into its ranks , and we srt4 owners should respect our roots . We can learn from each other , we can both benefit from new blood .
Yes there are many idiot srt4 owners out there . So what ? there is no platform out there that is immune to this behavior . I know a lot of idiots that like steak , does that mean i shouldnt eat steak ?

At worst , if it doesn't pan out , close it and move on .
older TD people know the SRT 4 isn't from Japan and isn't an import. And many of us me included own older and newer TD's, I have an 05 PT GT. So it isn't this group that thinks there not included. I've had a lot of near fist fights at the track because retards think the NSRT is a Mitsubishi and they wouldn't have bought the car if they thought it was a Chrysler. Even some guy I've raced with since the 80's that's older than me has a yellow one and thinks it has nothing to do with the older cars. I believe the real issue is that the 94-02 Stratus R/T wasn't sold here. If it had been there wouldn't have been a no turbo 4 gap. This list other than the old TDs and the new NSRT and CSRT also caters to people in Mexico. There are a lot of TD people on here in Mexico that own the early 2.4 turbos and the K car turbos that were never sold here either.

As for the lobby for a single car who knows. I do know that about half of all the TDs out there old and new are Daytonas. We don't have a lobby just for the G body, the highest sold TD there was. Then the forum answers tons of questions on repair, which most of these questions pass through to all of the Neons and Stratus type cars. In the past people make a thread that drags on for years on one car. The G body thread, the CSX thread, etc where we go to add just about the one car. Personally I think the 89 CSX is the baddest of the TDs. Sure not the straight line of the SRT stock, but the car just is worlds better for handling. We CSX owners post up in one big thread that has gone on for years now. I haven't ever even seen a SRT 4 owners thread?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I sure hope that it gets used because I will be needing a lot of help installing an SRT 4 into my L body Rampage.

BTW, Info on Rampage's are even fewer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to this turbo scene, i've only built muscle cars through the years. I now find myself searching every angle i can learn on muscling up my 04 srt4. Please help you cool srt guy and gals.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I'm new to this turbo scene, i've only built muscle cars through the years. I now find myself searching every angle i can learn on muscling up my 04 srt4. Please help you cool srt guy and gals.
Hello, I was muscle car building long before turbos, still doing both though lol.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f62/358228-stage-1-build-thread-getting-20-a.html

Read post's 3 and 4 for stage 1 building of the SRT 4. Good for high 12s with good tires and low 13s on street tires. Also great for auto cross.

Weight transfer is required to go fast with a muscle car and destroys handling and braking. FWD cars hook a lot better when you stop weight transfer and it increases stopping and braking.

Also welcome to turbododge.com :TD2:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts