Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my turbo a few weeks ago, everything came off good. I put everything back in (i got turbo and manifold ported) today and it all went good. I unplugged the coil so i could crank the motor for a minute so all the fluids get everywhere and i notice oil on top of the turbo. I check all the metal hoses that connect to the turbo and theyre all tight so i take off the oil and try again, same thing. Has this happened to anyone?? is thereanything you guys think im missing?? The seals on each bolts are all there, i really cant figure it out. That leak is all im missing from getting my srt4 back on the road.

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
INSTALLATION - LINES AND HOSES
NOTE: For line and hose location refer to (Vacuum Harness Schematic).

COOLANT SUPPLY LINE
If brass fitting was removed from engine block, apply thread sealer to threads and install in engine block. Torque brass fitting to 41 N·m (30 ft. lbs.).
Position coolant supply line to mounting location.
Install NEW washers on banjo fitting of coolant supply line (Oil Supply Line - Engine Block Fitting). Hand start banjo bolt.
Hand start flared fitting of coolant supply line.
Torque banjo fitting bolt to 37 N·m (27 ft. lbs.) (Banjo Bolt and Washers).
Torque flared fitting to 31 N·m (23 ft. lbs.) (Oil Supply Line - Engine Block Fitting).
Lower vehicle.
Fill cooling system (Refer to 7 - COOLING/ENGINE - STANDARD PROCEDURE).
COOLANT RETURN LINE
Position coolant return line to mounting location.
Install NEW washers on banjo fitting of coolant return line (Banjo Bolt and Washers). Hand start banjo bolt.
Install hose onto heater tube. Install hose clamp .
Install fastener securing coolant return line bracket to cylinder head cover stud .
Install turbocharger clean air hose (Charge Air Cooler Hoses).
Tighten hose clamps to 1.7 N·m (15 in. lbs.).
Fill cooling system (Refer to 7 - COOLING/ENGINE - STANDARD PROCEDURE).
OIL SUPPLY LINE
If brass fitting was removed from engine block, apply thread sealer to threads and install. Torque brass fitting to 41 N·m (30 ft. lbs.).
Position oil supply line to mounting location.
Install NEW washers on banjo fitting of oil supply line (Banjo Bolt and Washers). Hand start banjo bolt at turbocharger .
Raise vehicle on hoist.
Hand start flared fitting at engine block .
Torque flared fitting to 31 N·m (23 ft. lbs.) .
Install elbow support bracket .
Lower vehicle.
OIL RETURN LINE
Clean gasket surfaces.
Install new gasket.
Install oil return line hose over crankcase nipple .
Install the two fasteners securing the oil return line to the turbocharger. Torque fasteners to 12 N·m (105 in. lbs.).
Install and tighten hose clamp for oil return line hose.
Lower vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts