Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still looking for Illinois/Missouri TDers to hang out, work on cars, maybe have a local get together from time to time. Is there an STL group of SDAC guys?

I'm over in Alton. We have a machine/auto repair shop. We should be trying to get our alignment rack/computer put together soon.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd like to keep this thread up to date. We may be having some "work days" coming up. Or hangout meet and greets, whatever you like to call them, it's nice to get to know fellow Chrysler turbo and front wheel drive enthusiasts.

Check out our St. Louis Turbo Mopar Facebook group. (no affiliation with the TM forum)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277232055963503/

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh also. Stop selling your stuff because you can't figure something out!!!! We will help you troubleshoot. IN PERSON! Help you find parts. GIVE you some parts to tide you over. That's what car clubs do. It's too bad that most car clubs feel the need to have a treasury. Car friendship is free! PM me if you have issues joining the local facebook page.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How's it going? My name is Mark. We have a good group of guys building on our local facebook group. Feel free to drop by. Post some pics of your '89.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277232055963503/

I have a feeling I'm going to have to network the old fashioned way with alot of folks that don't like facebook. Making calls, and hoofing it out to peoples houses. I'm an ex- Plymouth Owners Club member, I'm used to the older guys wanting to take a nap by two o'clock in the afternoon. :D

I might be doing a northern area meeting in Carrollton IL with a gentleman named Tom who has a GLHS soon. Probably get lunch, maybe cruise and lose some rubber.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whew! I took a trip to Williams CA about three years ago. Did it it 9 days. I thought I was going to die. I barely made it to work on time when I got back. Such a lack of sleep. Drove straight through there, and stopped a couple time on the way back. Brought back a whole rented van full of old Chrysler parts though.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
have you ever seen a titanium rod for a 2.2? That was for the n/a cars way back when. Carter Carburetor dyno is in Bill Lambros shop. Somebody called him up when they were emptying the plant and he got it for free.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Across from the Symphony was the corporate offices the plant was next to the old ball park. Lambros have a few titanium rods laying around his collection. Imagine what the rpm would be with those. I finally figured out why the wife's one TC by Masi wants to stay at the mechanics...... Italian Masi body is having affair with Masi powered Citroen there after closing hours.!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Steve! I totally didn't put 2 and 2 together! I'm doing some wheeling and dealing right now to make some room and some cash. I'm selling my GLHS and some others to fund Dennis' old drag car, and also I'm going to be trying to pick up a '71 New Yorker I found. Jade green, just how I love those old Chryslers! That's awesome that you have a CSX! I haven't caught wind of a single CSX being anywhere in the St. Louis area. The Facebook page should really help us get a decent group of guys together in this area. Finally!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts