Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys really quick ??. The stage 5 that I received from Cindy is not working properly, so until I receive another stage 5, I have a stage 3 FWDP LM. Can I use the stage 3 calibration with the +40's and 3 bar that is currently on my Shelby Lancer? Will this be a problem or will it run ok for the time being? I was running the stage 3 with the Lancer when it had a 2.5 commonblock.
With the stage 5 the car won't prime the fuel pump. When i plug in the stage 3 it turns right on...

-Chris

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
FWDPerformance.com

Name: ECU 1987 Stage 3 Calibration
Core Charge: $75.00
Part Number: FWD 74-0386
Description:
15 pounds boost, revised spark and fuel curves, modified wastegate tables for faster spool up. O2 feedback, active knock retard, increased rev limiter and over boost protection provided. Revised fan schedules for better cooling. Great for use on stock or modified turbo 2 cars. Using stock or 804 injectors, stock map sensor, and stock or larger exhaust.All our calibrations are socketed at no added expense

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See now I read that and at the same time I see other people with stage 2 calibrations running 20 lbs with the proper fuel support. I am just curious if I can run with it until I get my stage 5 calibration back which, due to recent events may take a while. All I am asking is can it be done especially if I am only running 15 psi? What if I just turn down the FP or something. Help me out!

-Chris

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
Each stage calibration is different than others. Cindy once said she has over 70 different stage 1 to 5 calibrations.

Use a 2 bar map and stock injectors back in the car if you plan to use the stage 3 calibration, unless you like blowing up the engine.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
you can mess with bigger injectors with a stage 3, but the 3 bar map and 2 bar map setups don't mix at all.

My stage 5 trim cal for 3 bar and +40s is so lean I am running 72lb injectors with it. The big one is the maps are right for the cal. I also like a ported 2.2 with +20s and a MP stage 2 cal made for 32lb injectors. So fuel can be messed with, don't mess with the map. Don't swap them and don't bleed them lol.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I apreciate the input. I just hope it doesn't take months to get my stage 5 back, like in the past.:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts