Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K when i am driving and when i first start my vehicle it idles with no problem! The problem is when you are coming to a stop it just goes from lets say 3000 rpm right down to stalling after you push the clutch in to stop! Thats any rpm range not just 3000 just used that as an example. Could it be a sensor idle position sensor or something? Any ideas guys? Thanx for any imput.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've had a speed distance sensor cause this problem. Do the 89 shadows use a dual output sensor, with both a cable for the speedo and an electrical connector for the computer? If you don't have a cable drive speedometer, then your speedometer would also act strange if the speed distance sensor was bad.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is that sensor located? And could it be a bad connection or anything? Or is it probably just dead!? And the car actually stops running! Like dead which can be bad when turning corners and your power steering stops!

Thanx for your prompt reply!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yep, the car's engine will actually die completly. The sensor actually rarely goes bad, as the connector usually fails first. The sensor is located on the transmission, right where the right side axle shaft goes into the trans. If I remember correctly, you can order a new connector with a pigtail and then clean out your sensor, and it should start working again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts