Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am driving a 2006 Dodge Diesel 2500, and I can no longer get the shifter to move into gears while the engine is running. I can go into any gear if the engine is off, but once it is on, it is as if the clutch is not working. It seems as I get close the gear, it begins to engage slightly (and move the truck forward) and then if I push really hard, there is that awful metal on metal sound. So, is the clutch just not working now? It only has 13000 miles.

Thanks.

· Banned
1,701 Posts
Hello,

I am driving a 2006 Dodge Diesel 2500, and I can no longer get the shifter to move into gears while the engine is running. I can go into any gear if the engine is off, but once it is on, it is as if the clutch is not working. It seems as I get close the gear, it begins to engage slightly (and move the truck forward) and then if I push really hard, there is that awful metal on metal sound. So, is the clutch just not working now? It only has 13000 miles.

Thanks.
Clutch is f-d. with only 13k and 2yrs old, it's still covered under 3/36 powertrain warranty. A spring probably popped out the center hub and jambed between the pressure plate and release fingers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.