Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody familiar enough with the wiring harness to help me sort out my problem. My starter / Alt sub harness only has two six pin connectors, but my main harness (89 SMEC) an 8 pin connector along with the two six pin connectors. My 89 wiring diagram book shows that a 6 pin is for the oil pressure & temp sensors, the other 6 pin is for the Alternator, and the 8 pin is for the starter. I'd like to buy this 3 connector harness instead of make it. Can anybody help me?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Rim Engineering

· Old School Hot Rodder
1,791 Posts
So which one do you need? I may have one as I salvage every connector I can. As far as the actual harness, I won't have a complete one.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping to get the whole harness meaning Starter & alternator wires etc on one end and the other end have an 8 pin and two 6 pin connectors. So, if you the 8-pin male I think I can make it work. I don't know what the two oval connectors are for but should probably get them as well.

· Old School Hot Rodder
1,791 Posts
I have the complete 1989 FSM set. It looks like the small six pin is the distributor pickups, one large 6 pin is injectors, 8 pin appears to be distance sensor and starter, neutral safety or ground and backup lights.

So what you need is an 8 pin black male plug, correct?

I completely rewired my 1986 K27 Lebaron and used a 1996 Stratus PDC to eliminate all the fusible links. Thread is here for your information: PDC install in place of relays and fusible links

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes , just the male 8 is what I need for the starter wires and I should be able repin them and work properly. I'll PM you with my info. I also realized the two 6 pin rectangle shaped ones are the same and can be accidently plugged together to the wrong circuit, so I gotta be careful on that, maybe paint one.

· Registered
1 Posts
You are asking to name a wire from the alternator to the starter and relay to starter. The wire from the solenoid to the starter is called the main positive starter cable. The wire from the relay to the alternator is the main charging wire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts