Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested, the heat shield for the starter is, at this time, still available from Chrysler. The PN is 4266846 and the clip to hold it on is 4140768. According to my son, who manages a wholesale auto parts warehouse, cooked solenoids on the 2.2 - 2.5 starters are not uncommon. :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a word of caution. You have to make sure the heat shield is firmly mounted in place. The heat shield on mine (came with the new starter) had a habit of vibrating istelf in and out of contact with the starter power wire. It would trip the auto shutdown relay and make the engine shut on and off, or worse, like yesterday on the way to work, actually stick in contact with the wire. the car shut right off and I was left with no power to anything. All my battery juice was shorting through the heat shield. Luckily I had dealt with this before, so I knew to disconnect my battery as soon as I got the car pulled over. It was an easy fix, but if I didn't know what caused the problem in the first place, it would have been pretty frustrating.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts