Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we know that the 543 could come with one of two different starters. BUT, are the starters interchangeable? the reason i ask is when i dissembled my 91 the nose of the starter was wedged into the trans and had broken. so i was wondering if it was due to a incorrect starter? I was still using the one that came with the car.

·
Registered
577 Posts
IDK about the fitment, but i do know that the Nippendenso Permanent Magnet Gear Reduction Starter does make more force. It can put out 1.7kw. So if it is loose it could cause damage.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think there is a difference because I have 2 denso A670 starters but when I tried using the newer one it wouldn't fit because the snout thing was too fat.

Now it sits in the garage waiting for the day the brushes in my current one fail.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there is a difference because I have 2 denso A670 starters but when I tried using the newer one it wouldn't fit because the snout thing was too fat.

Now it sits in the garage waiting for the day the brushes in my current one fail.
that sounds about what i have here. the starter's nose was still in the trans and i had to use pliers to remove it!!!LOL

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
IIRC both will fit the A543. I was going to go to the nippo starter, but it wont fit for other reasons, not because of the trans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.