Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm accelerating, the steering wheel does not vibrate much. When I am cruising with light throttle to keep speed it also does not vibrate much. As soon as I decelerate, all hell breaks loose and it feels like my arms are going to be ripped out of the sockets. I'm thinking either axle(s) or wheel(s). I am going to swap the front tires to the back to see if i can eliminate the problem. Any other advice. I just got the car aligned today and it used to vibrate a lil, now it's hellacious!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Take it back to the alignment shop. They should have checked all the front end parts before alignment. If the tires are cupped, they should have told you. it's rare but something could have slipped after it was set. Cheap shops have a slogan, "Set the toe and let it go" If they don't find anything wrong, get a refund, and get it done somewhere else. Front end mechanics used to get a base plus commision on everything over x dollars per week. This encourages sloppy work.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out it was the tires/wheels. I swapped the fronts to the backs and everything is good now. Now I just need to get some new tires and have my wheels checked to make sure they aren't bent.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Well if they did the alignment right, your wheels are straight. They check that too. Look for a round spot on one that has less tread. Don't drive it on the highway till you do. I call it the Firestone effect. You have a tread belt coming loose. Just for the info Firestone tires threw the tread 40 years ago also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts