Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... havin some probs with my Daytona..
A little backstory.. got new tires in Feb, and had the brakes done shortly afterwards. Everything was peachy for a while, but I've noticed the past couple weeks, a strange issue goin on with my steering.
At low speeds it isn't really noticable. But when I get on the freeway or get up to a decent speed, the wheels pull wherever they want. It almost feels like an alignment pull, except it goes to both sides, randomly. Another metaphor, is it feels like I'm constantly driving in a road rut, when I'm not. I constantly have to play with the wheel to keep the car straight... I'm hoping this isn't something major and I can catch it before it gets too bad. Any ideas what I should look for?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Steering issue

Check the 4 bolts that hold your steering rack to the k frame. I've had one get the bolts loose and it acts funny.
I've also had an inner tie rod go bad which will make you notice something but it was not as bad as a loose rack.
There was also a post in the last day where some others mentioned where some other things could be checked.

Check this link:
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86459

1 - 2 of 2 Posts