Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stock tach and MS/EDIS

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  m90daytona 
#1 ·
ok, been doing some thinking while at school. im trying to decide what to do about a tach in my duster. i dont know what kind of stock tach we have (VDO maybe?) or whether or not to go with the 5" w/ shift light i got 2nd hand. the stock tach would be nice as it would keep a bit more of the sleeper look, but id like to have a shift light so i dont bounce off of the fuel-cut rev limiter that is built into the MS. Also, i dont know if the tach-out on the EDIS will work with either tach yet or if i have to get some transistors as per the MS manual and get the output that way. so in a nutshell, anyone know what kind of tach came in a 92 P-body? and do you think i should stick with the stock one or go with the aftermarket w/ shift light?

#3 ·
Just wire the tach wire from your tach that normally goes to the SMEC / SBEC to the tach-out on MS. Or you can wire it to the EDIS module but your tach will bounce every second with the ignition on and the engine not running. I say use the stock tach wired through MS and wire up the shift light feature in MS.

I had me '87 Sundance tach wired to the EDIS module and my tach would bounce like I described above - but it worked great when the engine was running

#4 ·
#5 ·
hmmm, ill look into the shift light feature of MS and maybe use the stock tach that way. more research!

Winston, id love to go but im still at school in NY and shes not re-registered.... otherwise id go and get a good tune/dyno run

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.