Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 2.5 Turbo T1 Auto - Stock

Okay, read all the post and will be going manifold block when time permits. Right now, patching. Where do these connect please?

Thanks,
Bib

Screw it...going to manifold now. This is a mess.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
that *was* the 'splitter' (it's broken) ... the smaller plastic line woul've connected to this ..

that's what you'll be replacing with the vacuum block - essentially a 1 -> 4 'manifold' ..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I have read 100s of post although I just can't seem to find a good pic for dummies for the T1 2.5.

·
Legendary Driver
10,909 Posts
89 2.5 Turbo T1 Auto - Stock

Okay, read all the post and will be going manifold block when time permits. Right now, patching. Where do these connect please?

Thanks,
Bib

Screw it...going to manifold now. This is a mess.

Easy, 1 line goes to the FPR with a T in it to feed the Baro/Map solenoid. The other goes to the boost gauge with a T in it to run the BOV in the airbox. Take the check valve out of the BOV line as it'll allow more boost to be ran before the BOV "leaks"

Back trace from the end components to the Manifold to see what you're missing.

https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f21/1251755-wtb-emiission-lines-hoses-shelby-lancer.html#post4506813

Post with pictures and explanations with links on where to get new lines. A 5/32 drill by hand will pull the old lines out of the splitter you have pictured and you can install new nylon or polyurethane lines.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First, thank you so much. I have made the jump to go with the manifold so that's where we are at.
Bib

·
Administrator
24,433 Posts
If you need any assistance Please let us know.

You will have to reuse any orifices or check valves that are in the original system.

89 Turbo 1 Vacuum.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sir, regarding the purge solenoid and the two line going to the throttle body. Do I run both those lines to the manifold block? I want to keep the evap canister in place.

89 2.5 Turbo

Thank you,
Bib

·
Administrator
24,433 Posts
The only lines that come from the vacuum block are to the...

1)Baro Solenoid
2)Fuel Pressure Regulator
3)Wastegate Solenoid (Appears to Tee and also run to the Wastegate and Turbo Housing)
4)Purge Solenoid
5)Boost Gauge
(See the attached vacuum diagram)

All other lines will be run as the factory had them as shown in the vacuum diagram.

89 Turbo 1 Vacuum.jpg

Engine Compartment Front-2014.jpg

Engine Compartment Left Side-2014.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only lines that come from the vacuum block are to the...

1)Baro Solenoid
2)Fuel Pressure Regulator
3)Wastegate Solenoid (Appears to Tee and also run to the Wastegate and Turbo Housing)
4)Purge Solenoid
5)Boost Gauge
(See the attached vacuum diagram)

All other lines will be run as the factory had them as shown in the vacuum diagram.

View attachment 253935

View attachment 253937

View attachment 253939
Okay, wastegate solenoid attaches as noted. So, leave tee in place and run directly to the manifold block for the wastegate and turbo? Cap the wastegate solenoid?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I apologize for all the questions....I just cannot see it. In the stock config, how does the wastegate and turbo get vacuum from the solenoid. It's just a switch right?

·
Administrator
24,433 Posts
The way they have it setup is that Vacuum/Pressure will be constant on the wastegate and wastegate solenoid.
When boost reaches the programmed level the engine controller will open/close the wastegate solenoid to bleed off pressure so you do not go over the programmed boost pressure.
The setup is not the same as a standard solenoid setup, rather than a line for a vacuum/pressure source in and then a line for the vacuum/pressure source out they are only running one line.
(Why??? :shrug: )
You have one line to the center port on the wastegate solenoid, the upper is a vent and remains open, the lower had a foam filter from the factory to prevent dirt from entering, if it is no longer there it is no big deal.

If I remember correctly the turbo produces a vacuum from the housing and the line running to the turbo housing is a vacuum source for the cruise control when you are under boost.
It also runs to the BOV.

Wastegate Solenoid 1.jpg

Wastegate Solenoid 2.jpg

·
Administrator
24,433 Posts
You will not learn anything if you do not ask questions.

I was taught three things about asking questions in my 40 years as a tech.

1)The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.
2)It is easier to answer stupid questions then to fix stupid mistakes.

The third one came from an instructor at a Goodyear Training Center back in the 80's.
3)A good tech does not have to know everything, they just need to know where to go to find the info they need.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have one line to the center port on the wastegate solenoid, the upper is a vent and remains open, the lower had a foam filter from the factory to prevent dirt from entering, if it is no longer there it is no big deal.

Okay, here is a pic of the wastegate solenoid valve. Top vent plugged. Center is line to wastegate and turbo. Bottom is a filter? So I should;
1)Run a direct line from wastegate / turbo to manifold.
2) Uncap top plug.
3) Cap middle line that was going to wastergate / turbo.

Close?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am not intentionally. Just trying to understand how to plumb it to the manifold vacuum block.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts