72 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay NAJ, I think I got.

BARO to Vac Manifold
FPR to Vac Manifold
WG Solenoid to Vac Manifold
Waste Gate to Vac Manifold (Middle pic)
Turbo to Vac Manifold (Middle pic)

Waste Gate and Turbo were teed together. I ran separate lines to each of them.

One open port capped.

Done.

Look correct?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, she started. Stumbling, horrible idle. Tons of black smoke out the tail pipe. Tried to clean up the idle with timing, did nothing. Changed the timing belt and lined up everything per the book.

Is there anything I did when cleaning up the vacuum lines that would cause this rough idle, black smoke?

Or did I just not line up the belt properly...just don't know.

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,460 Posts
Very simple...
(See the attached vacuum diagram)
1)Run the line from the vacuum block to the center port on the wastegate solenoid.
2)Cut the line somewhere in the middle where it is convenient and install a vacuum tee.
3)From the tee run a line to the top port of the turbo body.
(The vacuum diagram shows an orifice is in that line)
4)Cut the line you just ran to the turbo housing near the wastegate and place another vacuum tee inline.
5)Run a vacuum line from that tee to the wastegate.

89 Turbo 1 Vacuum.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Before I re-do it, each of the lines you mentioned I have plumbed independently to the vacuum block. That soes not accomplish the same? Tanks again for the help.

·
Administrator
24,460 Posts
Just to be sure, the devices that receive actual manifold vacuum directly from the vacuum block are...

1)Baro Solenoid
2)Fuel Pressure Regulator
3)Wastegate Solenoid
4)Canister Purge Solenoid
5)Boost Gauge

All other devices receive vacuum by being tee'd into one of these lines (such as the wastegate) or from the respective solenoids (Baro to Map, Purge to Canister) and whatever lines are routed to/from the Throttle Body and Air Cleaner Housing.

Just follow the vacuum diagram and check off or highlight each line/device as you go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank again NAJ! She is running amazing. Throwing no codes, sprayed the vacuum lines with carb cleaner spray and did not find on leak. Had to move the cam timing one tooth forward of where it should be and it cleaned up the stumble and running rich. Installed new plugs (again) and came out clean!

Base timing to be set this week.

Cannot thank you enough for your patience.

Bob

·
Administrator
24,460 Posts
Thank again NAJ! She is running amazing. Throwing no codes, sprayed the vacuum lines with carb cleaner spray and did not find on leak. Had to move the cam timing one tooth forward of where it should be and it cleaned up the stumble and running rich. Installed new plugs (again) and came out clean!

Base timing to be set this week.

Cannot thank you enough for your patience.

Bob
:thumb:

Anytime you need assistance or have questions feel free to ask.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts