Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to think I should replace my motor mounts in the spirit. What has been happening is that it started as a weird vibration when I was under boost, after a month or so this vibration would start as soon as I get on the gas, but isn't there when cruising. Now the car can be difficult to shift at times, and it feels as though the cable for the clutch is loose. I can also feel a vibration through the clutch pettle if I rest my foot on it. I first thought that the passenger half shaft was shot, because the boot was leaking, and replacing that didn't seen to help. Then this weekend the car had a vibration when I first started it, which it hasn't had before either. I think I may have tweaked the transaxle mount when I put the motor in last fall b/c of course the tranny slide off the jack while wiggling everything.

When I have had a bad mount in other cars there would be a thump or a knock when the motor would resettle, and I'm not getting that at all. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!
Bryan

· Registered
4,874 Posts
I have the same problem with one of my backup axles. Every time I would put it in because of whatever reason. The car had a vibration when I was under any kind of acceleration. Put a new axle in and it went away. Then about a year or so later, I needed to use it again. Put it in, and vibration came back. Is no longer my spare axle lol

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I figured out that the front motor mount bolts worked themselves out of the bell housing and the two shorter bolts inot the block. Does anyone know what the sizes and pitch are the bolts are?

thanks!
Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.