Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard many good reviews on Strut bars on different cars.
I was wondering if anyone has made or used one on the daytona?
also if someone has fabricated one can I get the specs?
Phil

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
^yeah but is a shock tower support, not a strut bar. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
what year neon would fit the daytona? iv been looking to get one as well. and does anyone have their trunk cover still? i have mine but one of the clips has broken off the end and i have been looking at all the wreckers close by and there is nothing. or anyone know where i can replace that clip?

·
Registered
459 Posts
i have a horizon with a comp cam 180 duration and 10.75 to 1 compression and a bunch of other goodies that i auto cross and i did use a bar right off of a neon. all i had to do was beat down my shock mounts and bolt right on. and o yea love it but it did make my tork steer REALLY bad. pros are better than cons by far GO FOR IT

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
what year neon would fit the daytona? iv been looking to get one as well. and does anyone have their trunk cover still? i have mine but one of the clips has broken off the end and i have been looking at all the wreckers close by and there is nothing. or anyone know where i can replace that clip?
A 95-99 neon strut tower bar, you will have to redrill a couple of new holes to fit it onto a daytona. I have one from ebay for about $30 shipped, it looks ok, but once installed i didn't notice a huge difference, maybe i should take it off and try some corners, others swear by them though. Personally i think a 3 point strut tower brace might be better since it would tie into the firewall for extra rigidity.

Off topic, but not like my butt dyno felt much when going to a lightweight underdrive pulley also, but i'm willing to bet I may feel something different with a Fidanza aluminum flywheel with a TII/TIII clutch setup (already have the clutch, need the flywheel, and a OBX LSD also) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts