Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple shadow's with a strut tower bar on them. What exactly Did it come off of??? Id like to put one in my new 90 Shadow to stiffen it up, can anyone shed some light on this???

·
Registered
241 Posts
for my spirit I bought an adjustable 95-99 neon bar on ebay for like 5 dollars, actually a nice piece, just had to redrill the holes on the strut plates. Would probably work for you too.
Jerry

·
Registered
579 Posts
I did the same thing as well.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Shelbyzone.org sells an adjustable bar that looks really nice and this is what they say on their website: Shelby dodge high quality racing strut tower braces for improved handling and beauty. Aircraft aluminum, chrome and stainless steel. $125 Shipped. Daytona,Shadow,Lebaron,Lancer,Spirit,Shelby CSX,600. Will fit V6 3.0 and all 2.2,2.5 engines. Will clear 2 piece intake manifolds. I found one on ebay a few months back and bought it. The holes that are shown in the plates will not fit a shadow so you need to drill your own. The guy who sold me the bar did a really bad job drilling the holes and I had to hammer the plates over the strut bolts. The big deal though was that the hood absolutely would not shut on my csx-t. The only way it would is if I turned the bar upside down which looks stupid, is practically resting on the intake manifold and probably doesnt work like it should like that. My advice is don't buy it. Cindy from FWD-P sells one for $99 and that is what I will most likely get to replace this junker that I have long sold to someone else (hopefully it fit their car). Also Grant Racing does sell one that they don't list the price for on their website. I emailed them and they told me something like $200+. High, but looks like a really nice piece.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I have Cindy's bar on my 87 CSX. Fits fine. It's a little close to the 2pc intake (maybe 1/2"), but so far they have not come in contact.

One thing about these bars in general that no one seems to mention: if you have a hood vent, it will hit it. If you have a early T1, the intake duct on top of the TB will hit it. For both of those, the only way to make a bar work is to have it offset as close to the firewall as possible. So far, I've never seen an off-the-shelf unit that works. Did see a custom bar once that did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts