Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that I could get one of the first gen neon bars and drill a few holes but id rather not have to drill extra holes, so my guess is that I have 2 choices, wither the one from a Shelby CXT on Ebay, or the one for sale at fwdperformance, I was just wondering if there were any bars out there that will fit a p-body without any mods, and looks nicer than the 2 I have found.

· Registered
5,790 Posts
Personally I'd go with the one from FWD. The design of that bar is more functional than the other one Iv'e seen. The nicest bar that I've ever seen for these cars was made by Hart Racing(no longer around). They incorperated a camber plate in to the mounting plate and the thing was a work of art. The ONLY other thing that could make it any better would be if it were tied in to the firewall, but that's not completely needed.

· Registered
13,677 Posts
As far as I'm concerned the Shelby bar looks a whole lot better, only thing is does it rub on the hood of a p-body?
One is going on my CSX, he would be the guy to ask(he has a forum like FWDP does in the vendor area).

Looks should be second to functionality, but that's just me....
:nodding: Agreed! But if you can get both with the throw of one stone:thumb:

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe Mike Combs who is a vendor sells his own bars. He has a current ad on Ebay, the price is $95 plus shipping....nice looking bar...I'd get one as well, if it weren't for the Canadian taxes added on courtesy of UPS and their shipping fee. .eBay Motors: Dodge Shelby CSX, Dodge Shadow, Front Strut Brace, (item 330198734859 end time Apr-16-08 11:38:32 PDT)

looks like that will be the bar I get and looks good too. I just don't see the functionality difference between the two, so the better looking one gets my vote

Ponyman said:
*(I've)* heard, but not 100% sure, the 240sx bar works with minimum changes

as long as it doesn't involve drilling new holes, thats fine.

· Registered
5,790 Posts
The functionality standpoint comes from the design of the bar. One that connects without a bend will ultimatly provide more compression/extension resistance than one with bends in it. That is just the way things work. I can't say for sure what gage material is being used for either, but I know one is steel and the other aluminum. Without incrreasing the gage of the aluminum bar you are already at a disadvantage. To give you an example, the bar I have from the now defunct Hart Racing is 1.25" in diameter and is thick gage aluminum. It is by far the beefiest bar I've EVER seen made for these cars.

Without doign some actual testing I can't give hard numbers, but I know which one looks better to me....(of the bars being offered now)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.