Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 92 Spirit will not shift out of 1st gear. I have dropped the valve body and flushed it with carb cleaner then brake clean and blew it out w/ air. I have taken the governor off and cleaned the screen and polished the valves w/ 400 grit paper, they seem to work fine. Reassembled w/ new filter and fluid. The trans will free wheel but not shift to second. It will kick back into first on acceleration. There was a small amount of debris on the magnet but not much and the old fluid did not smell burnt. This problem came on suddenly last Saturday as my son-in-law was driving home. Scratching my head!

· Registered
3,600 Posts
what u can try is take blow gun, remove gov test port plug, blow air in there and see if it unsticks gov. this works pretty good when trans has 2nd gear starts and only works in manual first. if u really want to verify the gov is the prob. put an oil pressure gauge on the gov port and see what the pressure is. it should be zero stopped and get higher as you drive. if it stays zero as you accelerate, the u gotta gov prob. i seen the gov tubes not properly installed when someone pulls the vb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.