Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok Im relativly new here but need a little help.
got a 87 duster 2.2 carb etc. been in the family since new.
put a new starter on it a while back was running fine then the coil pick up sensor went replaed it then again it was fine now it wont crank turn key and i think the starter relay is clickin and u can hear whe i believe what is the starter selinoid( spelling) is engaging. I found the ground wire on the altenator was loose so i tightened it up dont know if my power and ground wires are shot or i need a new starter again.........ugh its a pain to get under there and pull it out but when it des run it gets great MPG 27 /35
any input would be nice
thanx steve a:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

·
Registered
103 Posts
Check your battery to starter connection B+ and check your grounds. Does the battery have a good charge? It is possible that the starter is bad again. Crawl under the car and gently ;) tap it with a hammer. I've had several bad remanufactured starters right out of the box (Advance Auto employee). I usually bench test new starters before selling to customers. Also, if it's a manual trans.....you can "pop start" the vehicle and drive it to any Advance Auto to have a starter test done. We have a mobile tester for parking lot diagnostics :thumb:....or bring the starter in to the store for a bench test.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Hey Where you at in missouri? Definitely would double check grounds, fully charge your battery and make sure its good, and try it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts