Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need the main sunroof hardware that holds the glass down to the roof for my 87 daytona/gs. I can pay with paypal or USPS money order. Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Not original. Unless the Euros got something I'm not used to seeing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pretty sure its stock It's the removable sunroof option. The original dealer option list I have lists 3 roof glass options: sunroof, removable sunroof, t-bar roof

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I pretty sure its stock It's the removable sunroof option. The original dealer option list I have lists 3 roof glass options: sunroof, removable sunroof, t-bar roof
Well I'm not going to make any "set in stone" claims, but my Shelby Z has the same sunroof that I've seen in every G-Body of that vintage. It has the round knob to crank it up and down, a quick release to remove it, and it came with the bag and hold-down straps to stow it in the cargo area.

If the car is a factory sunroof car the sunroof will have a drip trough all the way around the opening with an opening leading to the drain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm not going to make any "set in stone" claims, but my Shelby Z has the same sunroof that I've seen in every G-Body of that vintage. It has the round knob to crank it up and down, a quick release to remove it, and it came with the bag and hold-down straps to stow it in the cargo area.

If the car is a factory sunroof car the sunroof will have a drip trough all the way around the opening with an opening leading to the drain.
Um it does have a drain and a bag and straps, I also remember that my 84 daytona tI had the same roof. the part number listed above for handle is a NOS part or New Old STOCK. I joined this site to get info/parts and ideas. I am getting very annoyed with people saying I don't know what I'm talking about and that I don't own a Chrysler gst2. I suggest to anyone on here to do your research before you run your mouth.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I stand corrected then. Ended my doubts right there if it has those features. You have a fairly unique car I'm not familiar with, and I'll not offer comments again.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
My local JY here has an 88 Daytona withe the factory sunroof and the knob.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Um it does have a drain and a bag and straps, I also remember that my 84 daytona tI had the same roof. the part number listed above for handle is a NOS part or New Old STOCK. I joined this site to get info/parts and ideas. I am getting very annoyed with people saying I don't know what I'm talking about and that I don't own a Chrysler gst2. I suggest to anyone on here to do your research before you run your mouth.
WOW, where did that come from?

Nobody said you didn't know what you were talking about, we were just trying help, didn't want you to buy parts that wouldn't do you any good. As with DartGTS, I will keep my comments to myself when it comes to your posts. But please keep us updated, thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts