Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Super 60 Turbo Kit

8K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  INSATANSSEAT 
#1 ·
Cleaning out the garage I came across a Super 60 kit that I purchased in 1991 for my '88 Shelby Daytona. Never installed and still in the original Mopar Performance boxes. There is the big injectors with 3 bar MAP sensor, as well as a Viper fuel pump and a very shiny Turbonetics turbo. I paid like $1,250.00 usd back then. Still have the car as well if you need anything else. Rust free but needs paint and interior. Motor runs well, Getrag 5 speed, etc. If interested PM me with any inquiries/offers.

#19 ·
The head is P5249353, but I don't know if the kit from Chrysler came with that. That's what I was asking.

There are two indycoolers on Ebay right now. Nobody wants them when the cheap chinese FMICs way outflow them. I wanted one for years and couldn't even find one. Now there are a few floating around that nobody wants.

I think MP +40%s are going for $150 to $200 from trusted sources.(vendors) Probably go for $60 untested person to person.They could be seized up from sitting. There's no way to know.

I think I saw someone asking $200 for an NOS S60 cam, but again, nobody wants to run a slider cam. Everyone can get roller cams with meaner grinds now. I would consider giving $75 for an NOS one.

I have recently bought a really well ported two piece for $175. It came with fuel rail and harness but no injectors.

I bought my ported +1valve 287 head for $600, and I think it may have been just a bit high on the price for a used head.

An unproven low end with unknown mileage? I haven't seen people giving a whole lot for any. Even common block TII.

#30 ·
You don’t still have this do you? Just got a 91 Shelby with 2.5l and at one point the turbo was taken off. New to these cars. But with 88k miles and how fast it starts and runs. It’s worth a try. Wouldn’t mind getting a whole engine/trans setup like this so I can put it together like it should or just use mine for parts.

#22 ·
85GLHTretired, trying to put a value on something like your engine is like asking what is a 86 GLHS Omni worth. In the case of the car, it could be worth $1K (basket case) or it could be worth $20+K. It is ALL based on condition (the details).
I would need a lot more info to give you a "what's it worth" opinion. You can easily spend 6K building an engine, while some cut all kinds of corners and claim their re-ringed and bearing 175k mile std. bore cast piston $1k engine is just as good (lol). With your engine, I see it is an early block. Most people desire the later common blocks. A early block will support 300+ HP. Is this a rebuild or are components including block new? Does it have a steel or cast crank? Does it have main and head studs, or are they bolts? It appears to have a G-head. Is this a brand new MP big valve G-head? The MP valve springs failed a lot too. They just lost a bunch of open and closed pressure, not actual spring breakage. We all know the s-60 slider cam had almost a 100% failure due to it's design. Some may last 30k miles, while others lasted only a few thousand. They're a few out there still running them, but very few. Should have been a roller design not a slider. The MP heads were really sketchy as far as porting and flow. Could be okay, or could flow about what a stocker is depending on who ported it on any given day. Plenty of porters out there today that can far exceed what MP sold back in the day. Does it have forged pistons, & the bigger rods? If so, were the pistons designed for a g-head or swirl head? Most aftermarket pistons are designed for the swirl head. Were cylinders bored and honed with deck plate? The s-60 turbo, injectors, and two piece manifold, are always in demand and sell for decent money. Did the 2 piece manifold get ported at all? They ALL had pretty horrendous core shift as cast. Did the TB area get opened up for a bigger throttle body? Does this have NOS fuel rail? If so, that increases the intakes value. Even the NOS oil line, and TII coolant return lines and fittings have some value, as they're all NS1 now. Does it have a ported exhaust manifold? A well ported ex. manifold can flow 30-35% more than a stocker. Looks like you have a 86+ distributor installed. The 86 distributor was typically used with 86 and later swirl cylinder heads and ECU calibrations.
My suggestion is if you are going to try to sell the engine is to list in detail exactly what you have and provide additional photos and receipts if you still have them.
Good luck,
Todd

#23 ·
Yes it is a early block short block is a T2 with steel crank and Turbo 2 rods. block was o'ringed all work was done at Arrow Racing where all Team Shelby work was done. The block was done with a deck plate this engine has need been fire head was done by Tim who did all of Chrysler race stuff. The motor is a copy of the motor in Dave Zelkowski car that was in the One lap of America.
heads and mains are bolts intake was pinned and ported. bigger TBI. a nice package for someone in need of a engine trans package have pictures of all. was a 312HP

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.