Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Super 70 turbo is from my van (RIP), but I guess I'm not a turbo builder as it has shaft play from front to rear. I disassembled it to check the wheels, as you can see in the pics, and everything appears to be in good working order - except you will have to, at the very least, replace the thrust bearing. This one's kind of unique in that I also used the Grand National turbine wheel which is much nicer than the stock turbine wheel - lighter and much more efficient (see pic), but I had to have the exhaust housing machined to accept the wheel and properly relocate the turbine wheel (and center section) about 1/8" deeper into the housing - therefore this turbine housing will only work with the Grand National wheel from now on. The turbine housing is much better than it looks as there's no broken bolts and the threads are all good and it's 0.48 A/R. The compressor housing and backplate was machined straight from Turbonetics for the wheel, and I bought a red anodized wastegate actuator bracket from Cindy at FWD performance. The actual wastegate actuator does not come with it, just the bracket - sorry, I forgot to remove it before the pics. - $200 for all + shipping or if you just want the wheel, compressor housing and backplate - $125 + shipping

Thanks,
Howard

Attachments

· Registered
894 Posts
the parts look awsome man, you should just get a rebuild kit from g-pop shop, one of our vendors, the kits are like 60-80 bucks, you could put it togethter and get a little more money! they come with instructions.

i have a few T2 turbos, and a 85 T1 log turbo, im just going to rebuild them for fun, or incase my S70 craps out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.