Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a super charger kit for my 87 Omni 2.2. just did ,30 over eagle rods and crank. Je pistions. And a purple cam. . Was told the purple cam is a awesome cam to use in both worlds. And dose anyone have info on the purple cam

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
well, I have both the MP "turbo" cam and the super 60 cam (new) and neither are purple
neither was the other , same MP "turbo" cam I had before

I never checked for an identifying number on a MP/DC 2.2 cam but the stock cams have no useful identifying numbers so this might be a crapshoot

I know mopar had several cams for the carb motors .. I've never seen one so I have no idea if they painted those purple like they did with almost all their V8 camshafts

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
ps
turbo swap is a better choice for performance
the supercharger deal will start as limited to what it is as it is ..with few ways to upgrade much .. just saying

granted I always thought a silver shelby charger with the s-c kit would be really cool..
you know
- just to build it for the hell of it

but I fear you might never see a useable "kit" nowadays

remember to post a wanted thread on turbo mopar and flopbook - you'll need the widest coverage for your wanted thread possible

·
Administrator
3,969 Posts
I'm looking for a super charger kit for my 87 Omni 2.2. just did ,30 over eagle rods and crank. Je pistions. And a purple cam. . Was told the purple cam is a awesome cam to use in both worlds. And dose anyone have info on the purple cam
A friend of mine has a B&M supercharger kit for sale local, no carb, it is in Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada. I believe pricing was around $1200-$1500 CAD. Let me know if your interested and I can get you in touch, he doesn't use the forums

1 - 9 of 9 Posts