Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I drive my car regular without hitting boost, I have no problems. But once I step on it, the car starts surging badly! Its really annoying and I don't know what would be causing it? To much fuel? Is one of my sensors bad? Pistons? Rings? I need help ASAP!! Thank you!!!

CJ

·
Registered
33 Posts
agreed

I'm having the same problem. It seems to be overheating, or bad ignition timing. Im still working on my timing, and i have a bad radiator cap, so i dont have the problem sorted out yet, but you can try it and be sure to let me know if u get it fixed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
it could be that you are overboosting. do you have a boost gauge? if so what does it read? does the car seem to boost fine the all of a sudden it just starts rocking violently back and forth? check for a vacuum leak

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine is running 7 pounds most of the time, but once in awhile i get 10 or so and it stops accelerating at around 4k rpm. I dont know much about turbos, i suppose im not sure what surging is. Theres a slight rocking, the water temp guage reads normal but my radiator is spilling over, i think my cap is busted though. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not hitting over boost. It starts surging once I start passing about 5 psi. Its very weird and very annoying! Any other ideas? Thanks.
CJ

·
Registered
948 Posts
check your TPS(throttle position sensor), i forgot to plug mine in once and every time i crossed into boost it would surge...
-mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts