Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know what I want to do with my Daytona as far as the suspension goes.

shocks - kyb gas a-just
struts - kyb GR-2 (I may wait on these being the present ones seem fine)

and down the road I was thinking about eibach springs if all other components seem fine. Maybe lower it no more than 1 inch. I think this will get me close as to how I want the car to handle.

I'm not sure what shocks are presently on the car but they look old. Rock Auto seemed to have the best prices on shocks/struts.

Just wanted to get some opinions before ordering. Will probably do the shocks first. Is it a big job replacing them or simple? I only have basic hand tools I would think thats all I need.

Thanks

·
Banned
0 Posts
Basic hand tools should do it, it will take a lot longer but I've seen it done in a drive way with minimal tools.
Sounds like a good setup, I say go for it (unless you think you want to spend the extra cash and go balls out on some koni's) :thumb:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Koni's aren't available anymore, KYB's are your best option in my opinion, GR2's aren't strong enought for eibach springs though, but the gas-a-just work great with them.
Spray some penetrating oil on the shock bolts a day or so before you try to remove them, I remember my upper bolts where hard to free up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does KYB make Gas A-just struts or is it shocks only? If GR2 struts are too weak for springs what model struts would be a good option with the eibachs? Konis are too expensive even if I could find them. Seems like the only other strut option is monroe but I have heard negative things about them.

Looks like I can do the shocks myself. I looked at the struts and may take it somewhere to have them done. I have never done struts before. I like how the car presently sits and not sure if I want it lower, but I do want the increased handling and stability. Do they make a kit thats 1/2 lower or is 1 inch and greater all they sell. One inch may be too low the more I think about since I do drive this car year round.

Thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
No gas-a-just struts for our cars just shocks, gr2's are the best besides koni's as far as I know. You may need new strut mounts and bearing plates if you still have the originals on there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No gas-a-just struts for our cars just shocks, gr2's are the best besides koni's as far as I know. You may need new strut mounts and bearing plates if you still have the originals on there.
If I go with KYB struts do I have to use KYB strut mounts or will anything do such as a monroe strut mount? I think they are cheaper but not sure if they can interchange.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Need some help. Our "Project" is suffering from a major nose bleed. I have @5" between the top of the front tires and the bottom of the wheelwell. We replaced everything on this car, urethane bushings etc..... We have GR2 struts and reused the OEM springs. We also did the conversion to Caravan brakes all the way around. This may be where I goofed up. The knuckles are off a 93 caravan. I have heard that the Caravan knuckles of this year were taller from the C/L of the bearing to the Lower bolt hole. Can you guys measure one of yours for me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts