Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about upgrading the suspension on my '90 Daytona ES turbo. According to my window sticker my car came with some sort of optional suspension package. Not sure what it consists of though. I want the car to be more fun but not overkill. I recently had new fuzion tires installed. But am not sure how old the suspension is. Car rides fine but a little rough when going over major bumps. This is my everyday car so I want it to ride nice but be responsive and fun without it being too stiff for daily comfort. What upgrade would give me the most noticable results?

Thanks for any information.

·
Premium Member
8,914 Posts
I would start by making sure yur existing suspension pieces are all A+.

up front:
check wheel bearings, ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends..
sway bar inner & outer bushings are cheap and ez to replace.

out back: check wheel bearings, axle bushings, shock mounts

now - unfortunately for TDs,
there is very little choice for 'performance' shocks/struts..
you can have either 'OE equivalent' or Koni's ;
the Konis are much better, and cost much more ;)

whichever you choose:
fresh shocks/struts + fresh tires + all bushings/etc "in-shape" = *great* handling

PS you're brakes are all in good shape too, right ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the car for just over a year. Past owner replaced pads, rotors and calipers on all four wheels. Car seems to have no issues as far as brakes go. The steering wheel lightly shakes when driving 70mph on the highway. And when hitting large bumps the car feels like it wants to skip. So some basic suspension items may need replaced. I would think the front struts are fine as I hear no knocking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts