Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a good tread on here or anywhere on how to pull/swap out a 88 daytona 2.2. I know how to do the most of it but im sure there are some good tricks and different things that a TD will need more than others. im upgrading to a 89 block with forged JE's, a super 70 and FMIC. And i have never delt with turbo motors. Thanks in andvance,

Matt

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just did mine by removing the hood and pulling her out the top of the bay. Dropping her thru the bottom is okay if you have a jack and jack stands capable of holding it over 2 feet high or have an engine hoist capable of at least 2000 lb id say lift the front of the car with that. You would still have to have it on carpet or something cabable of rolling under the car with plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i have ramps and stands if i need em, i was wondering if there are any special things a turbo dodge would need. Pretty much i've never messed with a turbo, Can i take the 88 t1 garret out and just put the super70 in place, like will the wastegate and can work or will i need to up grade. Sorry for the newb like questions, haha guess cause im a newb to turbos :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts