Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 acclaim with the huge gas gauge and i want to swich to the spirit cluster with the tach and oil temp guges. can i just put it in and connect it and will the water and speedo and gas still work till i hook up the rest. or just grab the harness from the spirit and trace the wires and grap all the sensors and stuff?

·
Registered
702 Posts
The only problem you will have, is that you will need the oil sending unit from the Spirit. The one on your acclaim is a warning light only, and the sending unit has only a on/off function. I'm assuming you have a 4cyl? If so, the sending unit is just to the right of the distributor.

Everything should work fine, but you may need to run a tach wire. Alot of the time they are already pre-wired, but not all of the time.

- Jim

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My 94 Spirit plugged right in, and everything BUT the tach worked fine. It turns out that only cars with a tach have the wiring for it after the CCS bus phased in. I was planning on running the wire when the car got totalled.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how would i run the tach wire.
i have an aftermarket tach now but i hat it in the dash and not on the dash

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The wires should be there I have swapped clusters betwean my acclaim and spirits. You also can swap in and out the odomiter if you want to keep the correct milage. Good luck with you 5spd swap too. I need to get my 5spd turbo ES running.....

Daniel Merrill

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
sean, you need to swap the whole cluster, not just the gaunges.

The Tach cluster has 2 extra computer chip things on top.

i put a cluster from an Acclaim LX into my 94 bare bones spirit. I swapped in my odometer and it was all good I shaved off some material from the tach near where is spins, so it would not stick anymore.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I have a tach cluster that should fit if you want one.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
$20+s/h?

Have you taken out your old cluster yet? It should have two circular plugs on it. Just making sure they're the same thing.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
was for an auto.

How about $10 + s/h?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Ondonti said:
sean, you need to swap the whole cluster, not just the gaunges.
QUOTE]

I did, the wire the carries the tach signal to the cluster was physically not there. I was just going to run a wire from the ECM to the cluster, since it doesn't do anything else on the way, but the car got totalled so....

If you hold the plug for the right side of the cluster with the holes facing you, it's the second plug COUNTER-clockwise from the locating tab. If you don't have a wire going to that socket, you don't havea tach signal. I'm just going off of memory here, it was 3 years ago, so I may have the wrong socket in mind.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
3.0 acclaim said:
k
that works

you take paypal?
Yes. Shipping quote is $9.85

twogsinfaggella[at]cox.net

tell me when you send it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts