Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1989 Daytona Shelby. Will a system check plug right into where my boost gauge, and message center is? Do I have to get pig tails, or horse around with a bunch of wires and possibly ruin my harness? Lol! I'm a little hesitant if you can't tell! Thanks for the help! Reply please! :thumb: Sorry I accedently put this in the Exterior! Ehh.. it's all the same right? Haha!

·
Super Moderator
11,723 Posts
your thinkin of the navigator computer ^ , yeah that would have the conectors already in place in most cases

but ,
the systems check uses a diff plug than the message center - you could get the message center functions to work in the systems check if you splice on the plug for the S check to the wireing from the mess center

if I remember right you would also have to add a ground wire from the case - same one as on the nav computer - but that's easy

·
Administrator
4,012 Posts
There is quite a bit of wiring involved in installing the Systems check, but it will fit in that slot no problem. I have this done to my 89 Daytona Shelby, also have the Voice Alert installed with it.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
how many function eva?

·
Administrator
4,012 Posts
Dennis, you talking to me or the orginal post-er?

If me, I have a 24 function EVA w/System Check installed

For anyone looking back on this thread, check out the link below for excellent installation information...

The Chrysler Electronic Voice Alert

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Just locating the connectors has been a nightmare for me.

Dennis

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Yes I actually have considered soldering wires to each pin. So I'm going to continue locating for the hardware. When I get the hardware and wiring installed, I will direct solder the wires. I just can't stand hack jobs.

When I first got my LeBaron it had 47 but splices in the engine bay.

Dennis

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Richard very good idea.
If you're willing to cut up the circuit board on the analog message center (or get a spare to cut up) you can make an adapter....

·
Administrator
4,012 Posts
Yes I actually have considered soldering wires to each pin. So I'm going to continue locating for the hardware. When I get the hardware and wiring installed, I will direct solder the wires. I just can't stand hack jobs.

When I first got my LeBaron it had 47 but splices in the engine bay.

Dennis
I hear you loud and clear on hack jobs Dennis.

I once soldered wires direct to pin on something else, filled in the original connector cavity flush with silicone, left a few inches of wiring and then put on a generic 12 pin connector and one on the wring to the car. I have no pictures it was years ago, but it looked good and eliminated the "hack job" part of the job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts