Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a plenum intake whose opening is 4" IIRC, the T/B I want to use is a 58mm one.
So, is it better to do a smooth transition between the two (ie cone shapped) to reduce the loss flow or only a spacer will do the job ?

·
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
That's not what I was hoping for since the cost won't be the same.

What material to use to make this cone ?
Some pepople use a "plastic" spacer between the T/B and the intake, but I don't know the reasons why (reduce coduction ?), so may be I could use synthetic material also.

Do I have to make a 90° turn like for the TII intake so the T/B faces the head ?

·
Super Moderator
11,714 Posts
if this TB is like any of ours then there's a vacume passage on the bottom that's not going to work if left exposed to the inner plenium

assembely space may or may not allow a transition piece to adapt the different diameters

you could however make a simple flat plate with the 58mm hole and the bolt holes that slips under the TB to make the vacuum passage closed and functional while reducing needed space for assembly

yes nice transitions are nice but not entirely important when the TB is basically sitting over a hole much larger than it's self

·
Premium Member
9,035 Posts
yes the plastic material is used because it has a much lower heat conduction than metal

there are many different silicone hose reducers & elbows available..
I'll bet you can find a 4" to 2.5" transition or transition / elbow

·
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if this TB is like any of ours then there's a vacume passage on the bottom that's not going to work if left exposed to the inner plenum

you could however make a simple flat plate with the 58mm hole and the bolt holes that slips under the TB to make the vacuum passage closed and functional while reducing needed space for assembly
Thanks Johny
Where is this vacuum passage (pic) ?
Is it located inside the T/B
How does it work with a TII intake ?

·
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there are many different silicone hose reducers & elbows available..
That's a great idea, however I will need a coupler (plate/tube)in the plenum side and if silicone is flexible, it may not support the tension from the cables attached to the T/B.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts