Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first T-II conversion............
I have a 1985 dodge lancer and i will be using a 87 t-II logic module.
I added pins 16 and 20 for the ais but do i have to move any wires.
I am very confused

Also my old LM had the built in map sensor this one doesnt.
What should i do about that?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
This is from Garret in the engine management section. This is what I used for my conversion. I went with the underhood map, which requires an '87(some)'88 later map sensor(and pigtail). You could take your old one out of the LM, which he tells you the wiring for that also...................................................................................................... Move Pin #4 on the Blue Connector (Black/orange or pink)
to Pin #4 on the Red Connector (Just cut the old orange/green wire it's useless on the T2 Swap part)

Move Pin #14 on the blue connector (white/orange)
to Pin #9 on the Red Connector

Map Wiring
Use the White/Violet one off the "underhood map" or the Red Wire on the stock map too The Red connector Pin #1

Use the Dark Green/Red off the "underhood map" or the Black wire on the stock map too The blue connector Pin #19

Use The Black/Light blue wire off the "underhood map" or the white wire on the stock map and splice it into The Red Connector
Pin #25

For the TPS, just match the wires on the old connector too the new connector

For the AIS, match up the old wires too there matching ones, and for the two extra ones

Black/Yellow To Pin #16 on the Red Connector
Violet/Brown to Pin #20 on the Red Connector

·
Registered
209 Posts
So this conversion is for a straight up 86t1 to a straight up 87t2? I am buying a stage 5 87 cal. and am converting my 86t1 charger to a 87 t2, not to a 86-87 glhs! So will this particular wiring conversion work for this app.
I do believe the pins are the same from 84 to 86 but there are some electrical differences.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
This will work on '85, '86, and '87 T1 cars. It converts it to Chrysler '87 T2 electronics once you add your '87 T2 logic module. This is a sticky in the engine management section that Garret posted years ago, I just edited the one mistake that he made in his original post.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
dragbaron - Any such write up's on converting an 88 lebaron to a TII

·
Registered
194 Posts
im interested in a TII conversion for my 86 GLH also,but unsure what all I would need.I wish there was a good tutorial somewhere how to do this and what all parts we need.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
463 Posts
im interested in a TII conversion for my 86 GLH also,but unsure what all I would need.I wish there was a good tutorial somewhere how to do this and what all parts we need.
Go to donovan's dodge garage (dodgegarage.com) and it has a writeup on how to do it. Not too hard, just take your time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts