Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new T3 center section, as well as a T1 Compressor housing and turbine housing. I was planning on putting them together later so I had them media blasted and polished. When I pulled my head recently I found that my T1 turbo was fouling out against the wall on the cold side and throwing a fair amount of oil. While I have the head off I'd like to swap in these new parts.

My question is this;

All I have for the compressor housing is the flat gasket that rings around the outside. There is no gasket on the hot side. I'd really like to assemble my new housings on the new center section.

However I can't find a diagram anywhere that shows me if I'm missing anything that goes between the housings and center.

Other than the one ring gasket on the cold side is there a gasket or any prep work needed to assemble this and run it?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
No real prep work needed. The only gasket you will need is one for the compressor side. There was not any gaskets for the hot side. Just bolt everything together and make sure the new one is clocked right (i.e. that the discharge from the compressor housing is pointed right and that the oil return, feed, and coolant lines are in the right orientation). But it is an easy swap, I have done quite a few in my quest to upgrade my turbo's (or destroying one).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts